This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected]+NFH!

Am I mad? Probably!.....(I've been doing [email protected] since 1999!).

You may be already running [email protected] on your computer, if you are, consider joining the NFH in Britain SETI Team. If you're new to SETI, then have a look.

Little green men? Star Trek aliens? Empty Space? Who Knows......but why not help find out just by using your computer and screensaver?

"[email protected] is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). You can participate by running a free program that downloads and analyzes radio telescope data."

The software you download is very safe and has no hidden 'add-ons' etc, it simply displays as a screensaver (which analyses the data when the screensaver runs or you can choose to have the program running all the time in the 'hidden background' - for faster computers 64 0r 128MB Ram + this is fine). When each 'data-block' has been analysed, it is uploaded back to the SETI server from you and you receive a new block of data, all pretty painless stuff.

Join up to help in the search and become a member of the NFH in Britain SETI group:

Click Here to join the NFH [email protected] Team after signing up a SETI personal membership if you need to! (free).

If you need to sign up a SETI personal membership, Go Here to Download the Software first and then you can sign up during the install process - then join the NFH group from your settings at the SETI webpage or the above link.

Happy SETI Searching!

Matthew

well lets face it they have to be from a different planet to behave the way they do its the only thing that makes any sense anyway i think that we should take off and nuke them all from orbit its the only way to be sure horsefans
    "Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Ok, who's invisible Seti NFH Member No. 3?

NFH [email protected]

We need more members, don't let that valuable screensaver time go to waste!

Matthew

Comment

oops sorry mathew think this is us

didnt know we had to put our name on it will get horsefan no 1 to do it he is better at that kind of thing than i am

the horsefans
        "Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Does anyone want to hear about my 'strange night' that happened a couple of years ago? No I wasn't abducted or anything and I didn't see little green men - but still, it's a bit weird...

Spinks

Comment

Originally posted by spinkysay@Mar 10 2003, 4:05 PM

Does anyone want to hear about my 'strange night' that happened a couple of years ago?............
            Oh yes, please tell!

Anything sci-fi, alien related or even remotely related I want to hear!

Comment

Waiting with bated breath, Spinksay....do tell, please

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Well you would ask me when I'm drunk!!!! A Bacardi and half a bottle of Chablis down... be back tomorrow with what happened.

Thanks for asking though (wink)

Spinks

Comment

Ooooh, Spinks, that's so cruel

Misty_stil_waiting
                  "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Okay here we go.

We live out in the sticks, looking out on a valley I suppose you could say, with a forest behind us. There's the odd house light dotted around the landscape and a few houses grouped together in a hamlet down in the valley. On the horizon we can see the lights of ******* (a town)

I go to bed quite late sometimes, for work reasons or because I'm watching tv. When I go to bed late I sleep in the guest room so I won't wake my boyfriend.

On this night I went to bed about 2.am. Cleaned ny teeth, walked into the guest bedroom, switched on the bedside light and it didn't come on. Must be a bulb gone, switched on the main light and it flickered and went out. Tried the hallway light and quickly found there was no power in the house. Must be a power cut, we'd had them twice in this house and about three or four times in the previous house. Looked out and there were no lights in the area at all.

It was a while before I rang the electricity board, as I had to find a torch and put my battery alarm clock in boyfriends room as he has an electric one.

Rang the electricity board. Usually they take the details, check on their computer and say someone has rang already, take your address and say they're on the case.

This time it was very strange. The woman at the electricity board said when I gave her my address; "Hold on a minute please" - and was away for ages. She came back and said; "That's very strange, we haven't any pole numbers registered as faulty by the engineers that are out, yet the circuit shows ****** is without power and so is ******. She went away again saying: "Just let me find out what's going on". She went away and came back saying "Well I don't know, there's no information at all for this, all I can say is we'll have the power back on as soon as possible".

I was wide awake now and so were the dogs. I let them out for a pee, let them back in, came upstairs and pulled back the curtains to look out at the countryside with just the moonlight.

I was thinking this was how the countryside looked in mediaeval times and staring out at it all for a while when a very strong outside light came on from a neighbour in the far distance who has an emergency landing field.

This light was very strong, very powerfull, but we've never seen it before in the three years we'd lived here, bearing in mind that every night we look towards his property when we let the dogs out, draw the curtains, or just look out of the patio doors. We've never seen it before - and we've never seen it since - and we've had two power cuts since then - the first thing I did was look towards his house!

I was still looking out of the window - as the valley lit by moonlight was beautiful to look at, when two globes of light came slowly from the direction of the forest behind us. One sat static in the sky above the hedge that seperates our garden from the farmers field, the other was over our garden. I was absolutely transfixed, I couldn't move, not from fear but from a 'What the b***y hell is this?' feeling.

There was no noise whatsoever, and if you read my postings, my problem is nuisance helicopters, light aircraft etc - so if anyone knows what they look like and sound like - I do! I opened the window (it was January and freezing) and there was no noise at all. Complete and utter silence. Nothing.

After trying previously not to wake my boyfriend I got him out of bed to have a look. So there we were staring at these 'things' not moving. He went off to get the video camera - but the batteries needed charging and of course there was no electricity. Ten minutes went by and he got bored/tired/cold and went back to bed. He had work in the morning so left me to it. Our other camera had no film in it. What would you do? All I could do was stare.

Eventually one moved away. I can't say flew away as it was more like a slow glide. The other just remained there, but very slowly (VERY slowly) moving skywards, where it remained. The electricity remained off in the whole area (except for distant neighbour with very bright light on his land) and this thing was just static. It drifted up a bit more - straight up skywards and eventually I got a little scared/bored, pulled up the duvet and went to sleep.

Over the next two days, three electrical items that had shown no sign of being faulty or on the blink, just refused to work, a hairdryer, an iron, and the washing machine. Two of which weren't plugged in at the time.

Nothing at all has happened since, but a few months ago I was reading one of our local websites and someone had written a piece about the "two white lights he saw at low level in the sky, the night of the power cut". Thing is - he lives right over the other side of the county to us, but mentioned seeing them at the same time as me. He also said "The next day, my iron and my kettle gave up on me, but this is probably just coincidence".

That's it folks, no little green men or anything, nothing else and nothing has happened since.

Spinks

Comment

Oooh, Spinksay that was worth waiting for. What a spooky story. As far as the electricity going off it would fit the pattern of people who were driving and their cars stopped when they saw a UFO. Seems they affect the electrics.

Badger, do you ever remember reading about a policeman who came across two strange little figure up on Ilkley Moor? I've read his story in a couple of places. I suppose him being a policeman gave more credibility to the story.

I really do think there are things out there about which we know nothing, whether it's extraterrestrial or secret government stuff I don't know. But I like to keep an open mind.

Misty_off_humming_the_Twilight_Zone_theme

Comment

Beth and I are still searching for E.T!

Come and help us if you dare! :alien:

You may be already running [email protected] on your computer, if you are, consider joining the NFH in Britain SETI Team. If you're new to SETI, then have a look.

Little green men? Star Trek aliens? Empty Space? Who Knows......but why not help find out just by using your computer and screensaver?

"[email protected] is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). You can participate by running a free program that downloads and analyzes radio telescope data."

The software you download is very safe and has no hidden 'add-ons' etc, it simply displays as a screensaver (which analyses the data when the screensaver runs or you can choose to have the program running all the time in the 'hidden background' - for faster computers 64 0r 128MB Ram + this is fine). When each 'data-block' has been analysed, it is uploaded back to the SETI server from you and you receive a new block of data, all pretty painless stuff.

Join up to help in the search and become a member of the NFH in Britain SETI group:

Click Here to join the NFH [email protected] Team after signing up a SETI personal membership if you need to! (free).

If you need to sign up a SETI personal membership, Go Here to Download the Software first and then you can sign up during the install process - then join the NFH group from your settings at the SETI webpage or the above link.

Comment

Anyone joined up recently? :alien:

Comment

I did, but then uninstalled everything as it seemed to make my puter slow - must be the aliens.

Comment

I'd guess the bright light you saw was running on a generator, probably which comes on when there's a power cut.

I recall when there was a massive scare due to bright lights in the sky. It turned out to be a large, white airship with powerful lights inside it.

Comment

Working...
                              X