This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfh

If I live in the country in a cottage, I should not be surprised if a Cockerel should wake me up. (And yep, he does! )

However, if a resident of a block of flats decided to keep a Cockerel on a balcony then his/her neighbours would have every right to complain.

If someone lives in a house in a field ten miles from the nearest neighbour and plays their drum and bass at full volume -who cares?

But if a resident of a block of flats plays the same music at the same volume, everyone cares!

The problem is that some people cannot BE neighbours. They have a problem grasping that behaviour that might be appropriate in one set of circumstances might not be appropriate in another set of circumstances.

The are at best sociopathic as they can't conceive of how their behaviour might impinge on other people.

Slightly off-topic example of this type of thinking: A burglar burgled hundreds of homes without getting caught.

But he stopped being a burglar overnight. Why? Because he was burgled.

He felt sickened by the fact that someone had touched his property and had stolen some of his property. Then he said that he thought: "This is what my victims go through! I can't put anyone else through this!"

He had not been able to concider the other person's point of view, until that point.

its a 'me me me' society we are living in where the individual thinks he has more rights than the community as a whole.

and a lot of the time the individuals 'right' is given priority as we see time and time again whereby NFH get evicted yet they manage to get given 'last chances' or are rehoused by local authorities/HAs elsewhere.
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

You are right, of course. It was Mrs T who said: "THere is no such thing as society." :cry:

Comment

Been chatting to Nice Lady who lives opposite me - (all the neighbours in our cul-de-sac seem to be retired) and she said NFH behaved like he owned the place as soon as he moved in. She's been v. supportive and also offered to appear as witness in court (injunction/trespass etc.) It's quite a 'respectable' neighbourhood and I don't think the cul-de-sac would put up with NFH for long if he carried out his sociopathic crimes against them!

When NFH threatened me the other night (when I challenged him for throwing rubbish on my property at night - how dare I??) his response to everything I said was 'I've got rights!' It seems to me that you have to be a coward, a bully and completely out of touch with reality to be a NFH - we've all got rights, but we've all got responsibilities too.

I would be mortified if I infringed on any of my neighbours' properties - it's never ocurred to me to throw stuff at NFH's back garden - where did they learn to be so completely hypocritical?

Grrr! :nfh1:

Comment

Working...
        X