This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Renewals?

I've read about some horrible experiences on this Forum, and seen advice for members about checking Buildings and Contents Insurance (to see whether you have legal cover).

I have now renewed my Insurance and taken on the optional extra of Legal Services Cover, this will cost less than £18.00 per year and from what some members have said, is going to be well worth it.

Should I ever need it.

Thanks to those who raised this as an issue.

after the problems i have experienced in my present home, when i move to the new one, i will definitely take out legal expenses cover. once bitten twice shy! i am taking absolutely no chances
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

The firm I've gone with also provide a "Desk Top Lawyer", I've just been on to it and they provide you with lots of templates, information and have over 100 legal documents.

It's quite good actually .

Comment

Very wise move Holly.

It cost me only £15 per year but the solictors that have been engaged against my NFH cost £130 per hour.

They'll only take a case on if they are reasonably certain they can win but the knowledge that you aren't having to fork out loads of money in the meantime is a huge weight off your shoulders.

I know I've always adopted the policy of ignoring my NFH but its even easier when you've got a team of solicitors who will do the arguing for you.
        Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

As an added bonus: everyone who I recommend and who takes out a policy - and I EACH get a £20 M&S voucher.

(not that that had anything do with it, really... :lol: )

Comment

Excellent advice. I was completely unaware about needing to pay seperate premiums, just assumed that if it was in the policy document, I was covered .

Wrong!!!

Would have come in handy for bullying neighbours who pick on you for no reason, that's for sure. :angry:

Comment

Nice try, HadEnough

Sapph

Comment

Working...
              X