This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Riding Hood

Following on from the Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I found this site whilst trying to do a bit of research about sociopathy.

http://www.secretagent.org.uk/bullying.htm

(quite a bit is more related to when you have problems at work though)

Another link, which provides further sub-links on anti-social personality disorders is for you (if you're interested):

http://directory.tiscali.co.uk/Health/Ment...lity/Antisocial

Hi Holly

Stunningly descriptive group from the tiscali directory link you gave:

http://groups.msn.com/PSYCHOPATH

You might want to check it out if you haven't seen it!

Cheers

Sapph

Comment

Oh yes, I see him - in the link down the left hand side.

NFH dispaying very bizarre behaviour at present, some mentioned in the information in the above link. Odd, indeed.

Comment

holly and sapphire, I just read a bit about psychopaths and i am getting confused between this type of person and someone who is a bully...is a bully just one type of psychopath ?????

when i think of a psycopath i think of the shining and that scary man jack nicholson played...this is the stereotype i guess.

so as with anything , there are shades of grey when it comes to psycopaths????
        http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Hi Annabel

I think The Shining may well be what many people think of when they think of the term psychopath...more often,these days, called a sociopath. I think the link I was looking at contains some, er, rather creative descriptions! Try search on sociopath....have a look at some psychiatric journals/American University teaching hospital's websites for less user-friendly, but more serious descriptions of the features of this disorder.

Sapph

Comment

I saw a prog on tv once about psychopaths. Most people think of them as axe wielding maniacs or something similar. But it seems that many people in the highest levels of government, commerce and the military could be labelled psychopaths.

I remember when I took psychology, our teacher, an ex mental health nurse told us that psychopaths use the 'reptilian' part of their brains more than other people. He said they were more calculating in achieving what they wanted. I would imagine stalkers are psychopaths.

NFH are mostly just moronic bullies!

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
            X