This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narcissistic Personality Disorder

I know that a lot of us have ceased trying to rationalize our respective NFH's behaviour but also that some of us believe that many NFHs suffer from what is called Borderline Personality Disorder.

However whilst recognizing that my own NFH can never be reasoned with it still doesn't mean I'm not curious about why he behaves the way he does.

In my research though, I've also come across what is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder which I'm beginning to think more accurately describe the behaviour of my own NFH.

I've always found that having the uper hand over your NFH over the way they behave does help you deal with it better.

Anyway here's the best website I've found so far so the subject.I've printed most of it off myself to read on the train later, but your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to have a look at the below website yourself and see if you believe that your NFH may also have the same condition.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/index.html

Your other homework is to find out where the term Narcissistic originates. You'll have the heard the story but probably forgotten the names.
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Narcissists are threatened and enraged by trivial disagreements, mistakes, and misunderstandings, plus they have evil mouths and will say ANYTHING, so if you continue to live or work with narcissists, expect to have to clean up after them, expect to lose friends over them, expect big trouble sooner or later.

I have skimmed the document and cannot believe how many things I said "yes" to. In fact, to go into them in any more detail would surely reveal my nfh. Suffice it to say, I have just read all about him, can recognise all his behaviour and his patterns.

I wonder if everone else's nfh fall into this category?

Doesn't it come from greek mythology? Was Narcissus the one who loved him himself after falling in love with his own relfection?

Comment

Hi Roackbank, I have skimmed the report on NPD and is sounds just like our nfh. My husband challenged him on Saturday evening and he had gone into hiding. He had not been seen or heard of since. There must be something in this. As long as his absence is permanent, life would be very good. Somehow tho, I don`t think he will be away for long, just licking his wounds! :angel: Peace

I am going to read this report in full.

Comment

Working...
      X