X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't believe this

I am so angry right now I could scream

(Just to give you a picture of what our garden is like)

We have 6 foot fence around our garden, but the back wall is brick because we have a natures stream running along the back with loads of trees.

My nfh have 2 German Sheperd dogs and a garden filled with gravel, they have had these dogs for about a year now, and my hubby and I noticed these plastic bags dangling on the trees, I found out how they are getting their last week.

My nfh have been scooping up the dogs mess during the day, putting it into plastic bags and at night about 12.30-1.00am they throw the bags over their back garden, some of the bags get caught onto the trees but a lot of it lands in the stream, and on Monday I found a pile in my garden

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them doing this, a lot of kids play by that stream so I have written to my Housing Officer and Enviromental Health in the hope that they do something.

I am so disgusted how can these people be so lazy needless to say I can't open my back door at the moment as we have noticed there seems to be a hell of a lot of flies around, we have never seen this many before
    http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Dawnie,

They are truly disgusting and dispicable NFH!

Have a look at the Dogs Act 1996 here (although the waste is being thrown and not produced by the dog's in the places where it's landing, it could still be useful):

http://www.nfh.org.uk/law/dogs_act_1996/index.php

Does any of this apply to you? Tell us a bit more about access to the stream - is it public/private/public footpath etc?

I should be tempted to return their 'lost property' forthwith

Comment

so I have written to my Housing Officer and Enviromental Health in the hope that they do something.[/b]

Good for you, Dawnie, any responsible dog owner will dispose of their dog poop properly. This is clearly not properly. What a disgusting way to act!

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I would also contact the water environment agency.

there has been a lot in the news in our area about them at the moment and there was a fire in a paint factory and the fire fighters used water to put it out, the contaminated water then ran into a beck and killed a lot of fish.

the fire fighters are saying yes they understand they should of used foam to put the fire out but the priotity at the time was stopping the fire not the welfare of the environment.

the water environment people are not too chuffed and the beck now has to be pumped out.

so any contaminates in water is not a good thing, and is frowned upon.

and poo in bags is not good!!

I use nappy sacks for my dog, it only takes seconds to put the bags in the bin, your NFH must be using more energy lopping it over the fence than putting it in the bin!!

theres nowt as strange as NFH!!

Comment

This is really awful.

I'm sorry, but all I can imagine are these bags flying about trying to appear like the lovely Tibetan Prayer Flags and failing miserably.

It is surely a health hazard and as such the EH department should be willing to get involved. Push them Dawnie and don't let them fob you off.

Comment

I thought I'd heard everything... I find that repulsive, and I have four dogs to clean up after, and clean up after them I do.

How filthy and irresponsible is that?

My cynical hat is off for this one - the EHD must do something about this, even I can't imagine them taking no action on this one.

Disgusting.

Comment

ewww what a bunch of dirty people! the environmental health department would have something to say about this habit

absolutly disgusting, talk about life of grime, uh?

sallyanne

Comment

Matthew sorry forgot to say the stream is by a public footpath, we used to get a load of wild birds, frogs etc, and the stream used to have fish, but I can't imagine they would live for very long.

A lot of people walk their dogs along the stream, But they all carry bags with them and bins are provided.

Kids play by their too this is why it has upset me so much, the thought of these kids playing in such filthy surroundings makes me so mad

I will keep you posted of the outcome, but I am not going to give up until this has been stopped and thanks to you all for giving me the courage to carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Dawnie@May 30 2003, 10:58 AM

Matthew sorry forgot to say¬* the stream is by a public footpath
                  Dawnie,

It seems the 1996 Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act will probably cover you then

e.g, some snippets:

Land to which Act applies.

1. - (1) Subject to subsections (2) to (4) below, this Act applies to any land which is open to the air and to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access (with or without payment).[/b]

Offence.

3. - (1) If a dog defecates at any time on designated land and a person who is in charge of the dog at that time fails to remove the faeces from the land forthwith, that person shall be guilty of an offence unless-

{a} he has a reasonable excuse for failing to do so; or

{b} the owner, occupier or other person or authority having control of the land has consented (generally or specifically) to his failing to do so.[/b]

Could get them also on this perhaps (thinking about the faeces being thown over etc):

(4) For the purposes of this section-

{a} a person who habitually has a dog in his possession shall be taken to be in charge of the dog at any time unless at that time some other person is in charge of the dog;

{b} placing the faeces in a receptacle on the land which is provided for the purpose, or for the disposal of waste, shall be a sufficient removal from the land; and

- being unaware of the defecation (whether by reason of not being in the vicinity or otherwise), or not having a device for or other suitable means of removing the faeces, shall not be a reasonable excuse for failing to remove the faeces.[/b]

Full Dogs Act 1996 Here (Not a very long and easier to understand act too).

Good luck People like this deserve all they get, go get 'em!

Comment

contact the dog warden too!

cover everything possible!

Comment

Well I had a surprise visit from my Housing officer on Friday afternoon, she wasn't very helpful in fact she didn't seem interested at all

So now I am going to see an Enviromental health officer (face to face) on Tuesday afternoon, and I will be checking out the dog warden & the water department, hopefully someone will do something

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions guys

Comment

Working...
                      X