This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of moving

It's certainly something we will be considering over the next couple of months. It is a pity that, due to the spreading of poison by one person that we have both been made so very unhappy.

Hi NB,

Just remember it is never a defeat to move if you have to. You've got to put yourself and your happiness first. It isn't cowardly or defeating, you've already faced the NFH and have nothing to be ashamed about.

You never asked for this, it isn't your fault - the NFH are the baddies here, full stop. :yobs:

:nfh1:

Comment

Hi Neighboured,

Sorry that you are so unhappy

I think it would be a very positive thing to do - to start looking for somewhere else at least. It means you are taking control of your situation - the NFH can't interfere with that.

Maybe, even without he NFH you would have tired of the place and wanted a move anyway - we all get a bit of an 'itch' from time to time after all!

It can be quite fun, looking about for somewhere else to live so enjoy !

Mazza

Comment

Hi Neighboured

Moving was the best thing we ever did with regard to our NFH. I had no idea what a neurotic wreck I had really become until we moved, and all of a sudden we were free to live our lives without the awful cloud we had been under :nfh1:

I have so much admiration for all the people and their families on this site who do stand up to their NFH on a daily basis, but for some reason (which I still haven't gotten to the bottom of) I was completely unable to deal with my neighbours and I lived with a feeling of dread for years

Personally, I think that moving house is an extremely positive way of taking control of the situation. It can be a long and stressful process, so be mindful that things could get worse before they get better! But once you have moved, you will certainly be drawing a line under your current situation, just keep your mind focussed on the end result!!

Take care and let us know what you end up deciding

Blue Cow

Comment

Personally I wish we had just moved at the first sign of trouble. Its not cowardly and its not giving in. I doubt if there is a person on the forum who hasn't done everything in their power to do what they think is right, and no these people shouldn't get away with it but in the end its damage limitation.

A lot of the people who behave like this are not your ordinary folks, :crazy:and what they do is of no consequence to them apart from what the law or courts do, which very often is nothing. To these people having a record, warning or whatever is no great insult or shame. :nfh1::double

Its amazing how people will believe any tripe fed to them by any dubious character who will stand and gossip with them. Poison as you put it does spread rapidly with dire consequences. Those who listen are just as guilty!!:lara:

When you have done all you can, its all you can do. I will certainly be hitting the road once ours is settled legally, without a backward glance. I have no desire to be within the same atmosphere as these morons, and whilst it is a terrible shame if you have to move, only you know in your heart whats best for you and yours.

:ban:

Take care. :

Comment

Sorry, I just used your thread to have a rant, but really, I am sorry for your unhappiness.

:blush:

Comment

You just have to weigh up the pro's and cons. If you've been there a while then moving on is probably a good thing.

I think that once your home has been tainted by a NFH/ some other horrible thing/ event, it's very difficult to get that nice "homey" safe feeling back again.

If you can, move on.

Comment

Red, I loved your rant! Well, I would. 'cos I agreed with every word! :lol:

Thanks everyone, it is nice to be amongst friends, here.

Comment

Hi

Don't blame you. We look with longing (more so than ever before after the past few days) at the property papers but the timing is all wrong for us.

If you do move, best of luck and hope you fall on your feet.

John
                  "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I hope you can learn from my experience.

I had the worst NFH ever (they did everything from noise to stalking and

property damage and my car and more).

I have moved but am still trying to sell the old house (and since the

for sale sign went up NFH has escalated).

It was the best thing we ever did. It feels like being let out of

jail to live in a normal street again where people all have a life.

I should have done it years ago.

I got an opinion from a psych ages ago and he said

re NFH, "What do you do if a drunk approaches you on the

footpath coming the other way (towards you)"?

The answer is you cross the road, you don't take them on.

This was in relation to a sociopathic/psychopathic/narcisistic

NFH who believes his reality (totally evil and stuffed up) is the

real reality. You cannot reason with some people. It is better to

walk away. If you are strong enough to do this, you are the winner,

not the loser. If you have children, get out sooner rather than later.

NFH effects on children are terrible (my child has never been the same

since, including a now totally crashed immune system).

Melanie

Comment

Neighboured, if you decide to move out of the cess pit of NFH activity, I would advise you to do so. It's not a sign of weakness but of strength.

If I could get out of here I'd be away like a shot. Unfortunately it's not possible right now,at least not without some unexpected windfall *sigh*

Bid them goodbye and let them stew in their own poison. Unless of course they move first

Misty
                      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

We moved and it was the best thing we ever did, but as others have touched on, it can be hell selling your house with NFH on your mind too. keep at it if that what you want and good luck :thumbs:

Comment

Selling, sadly, might not be an option at the moment. Wrong time, complications, etc, etc!

However, one NFH has made such a pest of herself that now other people are noticing what a fool she is. Some of these people are very important and, thankfully, she is too stupid to notice that she is getting on their nerves.

Still, we shall see what happens.

Comment

They might be moving first!

Things are becoming a little weird. So weird that if I mentioned it on the board, someone might recognize names, etc.

But I'll report more on this, much later, when I can! :lol:

Comment

Now wouldn't that be lovely.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X