This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Authorities Beyond Belief!

Firstly, a big hello to everybody here! I have just signed up to this Forum which I think is a superb idea for people in our situations.

My family and the whole neighbourhood has put up with our Neighbours from Hell for over 3 years. The Council have know about the problems for over 2 years, and have done NOTHING about it!

The full story is at the following Web Site.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.morgan/index.htm

Please visit this and read all about it. We have just put up this site to publicise our plight and the Authorities lack of backbone. I have contacted all the major national newspapers about the site, most of the Govenment Ministers + more. We have already had the ITV people come round from Neighbours from Hell!!

We are really going for it now, especially as I have now been signed off on the sick by my GP for depression and anxiety. All because of these people next door.

I'm hoping to get back to work sometime next week, as I am not getting paid for being off.

Please visit the Site, and if anyone would like to ring the Council ( numbers on Site ) and tell them about the Site and what you think, we would greatly appreciate it!! If you do, then please let us know!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Andy.
    Check Web Site for Daily updates!!

www.nfhout.co.uk

Publicity on a MASS scale!

TRUE people power!!

Spread the word.....

Hi Andy and welcome to the board.

I had a good look at your website and I would agree you really do have neighbours from hell. You have my sympathy as I know a few families around here just like that and wish I had the courage to 'out' them.

Having said that I do have some concerns that you may have left yourself open to legal action in your 'naming and shaming', especially where the children of the family are concerned Don't get me wrong. In an ideal world I think the misery-makers should be named and shamed. I hope your council get of their collective backside and do something for you and your neighbours after they see your site. It is telling though, that Carlton TV withdrew after Social Services gagged them.

It is disgraceful when people feel so beleaguered, frustrated and isolated they they have to resort to such tactics. I just wish the law was a lot more strict about NFH.

I'll finish here, wish you luck and await comments from other members.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

A quick, big welcome to the board Andy Glad you made it here.

I will have another good look through your site as it was the 'wee hours' of the morning when I got your e-mail It's looking very interesting. I too, must admit to sharing the legal aspects of concern Misty has mentioned of naming people too with contact info, have you had an opportunity to check this out with a solicitor so you are all covered? I would hate your problem neighbours to be given any possible ammunition

I think you'll find a lot of similarities here with all forum members stories, some NFH I think are little clones of each other!

Hope you come back often

Comment

In some strange way, I actually hope that the Council etc do threaten me, as it will give greater publicity to what's going on here!

We are literally sick and tired of all this, and I'll take any risks from now on.

Thanks for your input though!

www.nfhout.co.uk

TRUE people power!!

Spread the word.....

Comment

Hi Andy,

I really can feel your frustration and the stress of living with this must be immense, so I really can understand where you're coming from.

The council though aside, is there any possibility you could be open to legal action against you/other victims from your neighbours? Have you had an opportunity to get this checked? I think you are breaking the law by listing information that directly personally identifies children/young people. Please get it checked for your own safety.

I hope you can get back to work soon - it takes a long time to recover from the effects of living with an NFH, you become sensitive, jumpy, almost watching out/listening for potential trouble sometimes where none exists. This is pretty normal. I'm sure you'll get there.

Take care of yourself though, its important

Comment

I'll consider removing the names of the people next door, but as far as anything else is concerned it stays put! What you said Matthew about being 'jumpy' and suchlike, you are dead on. Every time we hear a bang or sound from outside, we always get up and look out of the windows etc. When I think about it now, it's a really sad state of affairs.

If the Council have any sense, they will do a damage limitation excercise and quickly get rid of them next door. Put it this way. If they are stupid enough to carry on doing nothing, then they are in for a rollercoaster ride through the media, and I shall enjoy every minute that I make them squerm for the hell that they have given us in the last 3 years!!!

www.nfhout.co.uk

TRUE people power!!

Spread the word.....

Comment

Originally posted by AlienAndy@Apr 27 2003, 3:49 PM

I'll consider removing the names of the people next door
              Hi Andy,

That could be best. It looks like you are contravening regulations within the Data Protection Act of 1998 (by publishing sensitive personal data and I'm guessing without consent?):

http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/acts/ac...98/19980029.htm

http://www.doh.gov.uk/pdfs/datap.pdf

There are also Child Protection issues and the Children Act of 1989 is relevant (I am checking my copy for exact info now).

Comment

Hi Andy,

Once again, I can only extend my sympathy to you and your neighbours. As I said earlier, there are a few families in my area whose kids have made life misery for myself and other neighbours so I do know something of what you are going through.

Although you say that :
                If they are stupid enough to carry on doing nothing, then they are in for a rollercoaster ride through the media[/b]
                But Carlton have already withdrawn and given that the reason was because children were involved it is quite likely that other parts of the media will respond in a similar fashion. Sorry to sound so defeatist because I really do think you and your neighbours have gone through hell the last few years and I hope and pray that creating your website does not backfire on you. It is possible, I suppose that if legal action were taken to evict this NFH family then the media would be able to print the story. The council promised they would move them and have not lived up to that promise, maybe you should be campaigning to have them start eviction proceedings.

Whatever happens, good luck and I hope your Hell is over soon.

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I am currently working to remove all their names from the Web Site.

I can understand your concerns Matthew regarding the legallity of all this and your removal of my Web address.

Can I ask. After the removals, can I repost my Web Site address on this Forum?

We need all the publicity we can get!

Thanks!

www.nfhout.co.uk

TRUE people power!!

Spread the word.....

Comment

Hi Andy

thanks for that,

Once its been anoymolised (opps spelling!) we would be glad for you to put the address back up, just use the edit button on your first post.

The web site is good and it shows how much NFH can destroy others lives, A whole street in your case.

We always worry a little about breaking the law here, and really appriacte yout understanding in this matter.

Everyone has worked so hard on this site and it is nice when constructive critism goes downs well, You will find every one is really honest here....to honest sometimes

Once your site is sorted, Matthew is doing a link thingy I think about members personal NFH sites and I am sure he will be happy to included it.

Hope you have a quiet day

Beth

Comment

Site updated!!!

Please have a look!

All references to their names have been removed. All downloads have been updated. And all pictures bearing the house number have been edited.

www.nfhout.co.uk

TRUE people power!!

Spread the word.....

Comment

Andy,

Can you do me a favour, I didn't come onto the forum until gone 5pm and by that time the link had been removed.

Be a gem will you and stick it back on here so I know where to look.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, Thornyside here.

No need to tell me about authorities lack of backbone, I have been embattled for five years.

My neighbours have without doubt been protected by the Council and I aim to prove it.

I am currently 'Playing' with the Leader of the Council who has invited me to vote for his party next week - he must be joking. I have made several comments to him about two of his departments. Keeps them occupied if nothing else.

Like you I have built a website but I was more careful than youself, removing all names etc with a disclaimer on the homepage in order to PROTECT THE GUILTY.

My site is at http://members.lycos.co.uk/thornyside1/

See you there!
                          THORNYSIDE

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thornyside

Comment

Thanks Andy, your URL is back on

Comment

Andy,

I have just PMed you. I know this Council and I know what they DON'T DO. I think it's fair to say that you must have one of the worst Council's that you could possibly deal with for doing absolutely NOTHING

I am with you all the way on this. If you need any support or help PM me and I will try and assist you all I can.

To everybody else reading this - if you had to live under the control of this Council believe me you would be in Rampton Mental Hospital by now for the sheer fact that they do totally nothing to help victims. If their idea (Council) is just stuffing these people into decent estates well I suggest that they move them. They have many houses on Camp Hill - empty - and they can move them there. Just in case you are wondering what Camp Hill is like - it is really the end of the world the worst imaginable but people like them deserve to go there.

Wishing all the very best Andy.

Comment

Working...
                              X