This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer Speaks

I just read this letter on my local paper's website. We've done a lot of moaning about the police so it's nice to see a police officer give his side of the story:

Brave solution

AFTER reading the article (May 28) relating to Frank Field, headlined 'Home on M53 for bad neighbours', I felt such an overwhelming urge to reply.

I am a serving police officer and as such probably have a more regular insight into this, and similar community-related problems, than most members of the public.

The frustrations felt by myself and my colleagues when dealing with issues such as these are indescribable.

It appears that bureaucracy, paperwork and the politically correct advocates have so flooded the system that common-sense has been lost.

I am sick of hearing about human rights for anti-social criminals.

It is the decent, law-abiding, contributing members of society that have their human rights abused daily and nothing is done to help these innocent, suffering, decent people.

I have always said it will need a very brave and forward-looking politician to change the obvious social decline our country is experiencing. His comment was like a well-needed breath of fresh air.

Name and address supplied

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100new...-name_page.html
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

stand up and give that man a round of applause!!!

how very refreshing!

thanks Misty, you have shown us that not coppers are bent or uncaring!!

you are so right, we are always hearing the bad things about the police....how they wont help,

ok some dont want to, maybe it is too much like hard work,

I believe we touched on this slightly a long time ago, how the law changes and how there are not enough officers to actually respond to our needs.

good on him I say!

its a shame he didnt feel he could give his contact details though, it would of been nice to invite him to visit the site.

Comment

Congratulations to person who wrote that letter - common sense at last.

Are you going to write to the Editor of the Liverpool Echo Misty?

Comment

Sorry, I've been caught up in a crisis in my trivia club and so I've not written to the Echo. Sorry I might write if I get some time later this afternoon.

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
        X