• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandals Under Surveillance

Might be of interest to some members?

It's on Thursday, Beeb 1 at 9pm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/listings/progr...0_4223_37501_60

Thanks for that holly I might have missed it if you hadn't pointed it out. I tend to lose myself on the 'puter in the late evening. Must stick a postit note on the screen so I won't forget

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Thanks for the note but will have to rely on others reports - no tv!

Tisn't worth over £100pa for the occasional worthwhile prog. - we'd rather have broadband net access which is useful in a thousand ways - doesn't stay permanently off because all that is showing is vandal-pleasers - supposedly . . . football and rubbish soaps etc that are so bad that they get bored and go and vandalise the neighbourhood instead? Perhaps worth pointing out to the tv people??

I see in the BBC write up that a woman with a disabled child who has just had the vehicle that she can afford to run torched - another example of how you get support if you are a parent of a disabled child - because that is 'not your fault' - but if you are a disabled **parent** - it's your fault, you shouldn't have bred, so cope alone. The fact that diagnosis doesn't occur until AFTER having children doesn't count . . .

it is assumed that I deliberately went ahead - knowing I have a heritable condition - and had kids and then started whingeing when the physical load nearly killed me.

Transport? That is only for disabled kids and the single/married disabled who are fit enough to work. Really crippled? Lie there and put up with 24 hour noise from an entire neighbourhood from hell, in the intervals of struggling to cope with appalling pollution fall-out (smog as bad as LA in Bristol) in a house that has the plaster (vintage WW2) and woodwork (ditto) falling off the walls.

If I can't afford the car in the first place, how the hell do I pay for CCTV? Cameras cabling and a video recorder . . .

I am tempted to use a webcam - as I have the pc already that *is* affordable - and then relay the results to my website! m- and s*d the privacy issues. What privacy issues? Public street?

"People don't expect to be photographed."

Bull. This area has CCTVs in all areas where there is any money at stake - housing assoc. closes, local shops - off-licence, betting and a criminal lawyer but nothing useful to someone law-abiding who can't afford to bet (and has too much sense) and doesn't drink (ditto) - and can't get to the supermarkets (2 miles to the closest) and a lot of private residents have CCTV - so that one doesn't stand up. Once your picture is on tape - closed circuit inititally or not - it is on tape and can be broadcast, cut into stills - whatever - so I wonder, if I saved the results to disk - then broadcast them minutes later - just how different that is?? Particularly with a warning posted - "You are on CCTV and may also be seen on the Internet"? Also - the quality would be A1 unlike that from a CCTV setup. They don't have innards like the innards of my pc!

That might make the little b******s pull their horns in - the prospect of having all the juicy bits shown for ALL to see - including the police. Send them a complimentary link.

If I add sound, perhaps it might understand what I mean when I talk about continual motorcycle noise - they circle the Crescent continually 10am to 11pm. Like chainsaws. Doesn't help that the local trade-in-training cluster on the corner and attract them like blowflies where they sit, revviing continually. This house

has NO sound insulation and I am only about 10 ft from the road on the ground floor.

tannasg

ps - been quiet lately - nerves trapped by displaced vertebrae; remaining upright risks paralysis so have to keep that for keeping myself clean - even food has taken a second place (in addition to which, we have had no workable kitchen sink with water supply for nearly a month - thanks Bristol Council) I have lost over a stone, not bad seeing as I was only just over 9st to begin with. At 6' 2".

Needless to say there are no accessible takeaways here - the ones that exist are: a) disgusting b)crowded out by the local thugs c)too expensive.

Comment

Oooh, Tannasg, the more I read your posts the angrier I get

You have been treated disgracefully!! We're supposedly living in the 21st century, in a civilized (hahahaha) country. But you have been forced to live in third world conditions without the benefit of a third world culture - which seem to me to be so much more civilized than our own!!

Where are the MP's, the social workers, the caring professions? What are those people at the council and/or HA's being paid for?

Have you considered asking them to move you into a bungalow, surely they must have some, that is purpose built for the disabled? We have some on our estate and although they are much sought after there is a scale of points, and there are also ordinary bungalows. Basically, Tannasg, they are leaving you to rot!

Surely they have a duty to supply you with, at the very least, fresh water and a sink!! Oh, I am so angry Maybe we should all write to Bristol Council and tell them we think they stink!! It makes you wonder how many times your story is being replayed out all over Bristol!

Sorry, I can't say anymore, I'm too darned angry

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Looks very interesting, thanks Holly - I think I'd have missed that if you hadn't have pointed it out

Comment

>>Oooh, Tannasg, the more I read your posts the angrier I get

You have been treated disgracefully!! We're supposedly living in the 21st century, in a civilized (hahahaha) country. But you have been forced to live in third world conditions without the benefit of a third world culture - which seem to me to be so much more civilized than our own!!>Where are the MP's, the social workers, the caring professions? What are those people at the council and/or HA's being paid for?

Comment

Working...
            X