• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours from Hell 2003

One to watch or set your videos for.

"Neighbours from Hell 2003"

It's on this week:

http://itv.utvinternet.com/listings/viewpr...3&channelid=TTT

Thanks Holly, be interesting to see whats on this series!

In case the link doesn't work, here's the info:

Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long).

When: Wednesday 4th June on ITV1

Another look at nightmare neighbours from across Britain with stories ranging from the amusing to the appalling. A family labelled the most obnoxious in Britain examine why they are so unpopular, a neighbour conducts a campaign of vulgar terror across a quiet suburban street, a rugby-mad town in Lancashire sees red and a group of residents in Reading take umbrage at a fence.

(Subtitles)[/b]

Comment

well.....there was certainly a mish mash of problems.

neighbours and families, car vandels and turning the tables.....all severe cases of stories we know.

a little miffed at the chimney and ariel story, especailly when the last lady said she would rather live next door to the rowdy neighbours instead of an ariel!

I thought....no you wouldn't!!

hoping that everyone will type neighbour from hell into a search engine now.....we are on the front page of google again this week!!!

Comment

thought the show was interesting, had server trouble but i hoped Id get on tonight hehe and I have yippppeee

Comment

Have to agree with April, the only one that seemed to be a true NFH was the old bloke with his nasty gestures and running that chap down. I can't believe he got away with it!

And to think I missed ER for that!! Couldn't tape it cos my video recorder has conked out

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I've come on tonight just to talk about this programme. I found it insulting. It didn't give any insight at all into the horrors of living next to or near NFH. The chimney story shouldn't have been in there, it was something of distaste and disgust but nowhere near a NFH situation. The couple living across the road from the man with the full on headlights and constant abuse and the family who were having rocks thrown at their windows were NFH stories, but all the way through the programme I kept thinking 'this does not represent the real hell people are living through, it's not getting the desperation and misery across'. I kept thinking of the stories I've read on here. I also thought there was a bit of mockery about the whole thing. I've watched every single one of these and there have been horror stories, but this programme (for me) has taken a down turn.

The radiation story and the tower was a solid story, but wasn't given enough time and I think it made the sufferers out to be a bit strange, sleeping in wire cages etc.

I also thought ****! Of course radiation is an emotive word.

I was asked to be on this programme but declined because we want to move and things have got a bit better. Quite frankly I'm really glad I didn't agree, as I would have looked like a little moaner.

To pick up on April's point, to show the real NFH, you have to have people willing to stand up. I wasn't one of them and the vast majority won't be either because of retribution and other similar reasons. So I suppose they can only report the cases that want to be reported.

Comment

I thought the programme was bad.

I thought the first story (all the neighbours on one estate and the fence colour/ scalding kettle) was strange to watch, what's your view on who the nfh was?

The couple living across from the geezer flashing his lights/ being run over I felt really sorry for.

The rest of the stories were silly: the chimney, the mast and what was that about the relationship breakdown between mother and daughter?

Comment

I thought the first story (all the neighbours on one estate and the fence colour/ scalding kettle) was strange to watch, what's your view on who the nfh was?[/b]

I thought that was probably six of one, half a dozen of the other, holly. Some arrogance on both sides.

I also felt sorry for the couple with the stupid old man opposite them.

As to the other stories, unfortunately I didn't get to see them because my sister phoned = she has great timing

All in all, I thought the programme was a bit wishy-washy and didn't really address NFH problems.

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jun 6 2003, 11:54 AM

I thought that was probably six of one, half a dozen of the other, holly.Â* Some arrogance on both sides.
                  That's exactly the same term I said to Beth today.

Although I think there was one party more guilty than the other, someone who thought they were better than everyone else.

Comment

Yes, Holly, although she denied this I think she had a bit of a superiority complex.

Having said that I do feel a little superior to some of my NFH

Misty

Comment

misty, you are superior to your NFH

Comment

Awww, thanks Beth I've just added you to my will

Misty

Comment

Tripe! Another voyeuristic insight into neighbourhood squabbles was what the programme was about. The TV company were more interested in sensationalising particular incidences and not conveying the true 24/7 horror of living next to a NFH.

The tone they set to the aerial story only rounded the programme to a close in a way that made the whole hour farcical. Nobody (other than us lot) walked away from the program really feeling for the victims involved. It was just a change from watching Phil beating whomever up in Eastenders.

When talking to councils / housing associations about problems that my neighbours and I have had with our NFH, I tend to leave the Police to describe that facts of actual violence, abuse, criminal damage and threats etc. I describe what it is actually like living with a NFH. It's being a prisoner in your own home. Having to taping up your letter box for fear of arson, living with fire extinguishers by your bed and a CCTV camera pointing the window. It’s having to keep locked all the windows and doors in the summer despite the heat. It’s having to put carpet gripper on the top of the walls in you garden and anti-climb paint on your drain pipes . It’s checking up and down the street and over your shoulder before actually getting out of the safety of your car. It’s not an occasional incident caught on tape as shown in the program, it’s the every day stress and worry that you and specially your family (and pets) aren’t safe.

I made a special effort to be in to watch that programme. Shouldn’t have bothered but for one thing - it was good to see at least there is one housing association prepared to take proactive action agains ASB of their tenants. If any of you lovely people can remember who the housing association featured actually was, I would be very grateful to know, as I wouldn't mind contacting them to get some further info about the type of evidence they compiled in order to get an eviction.

Many thanks

Comment

I still have it on video, will watch it again to see which authority it was!

Comment

eebo, that was such a perfect description of what it's like to have NFH.

I think the housing association you may be referring to is Medina Housing on the Isle of Wight. That was the one featured in the story about the 'the most obnoxious family in britain'.

Misty

Comment

Working...
                              X