X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man fined for cheering gay neighbour's death

[German Based News]

Man fined for cheering gay neighbour's death

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German pensioner has been fined after setting off fireworks and singing in jubilation to celebrate the death of a gay neighbour, a court has said.

The pensioner, 63, was convicted for maligning the memory of the dead and defamation. He was fined 2,700 euros (1,900 pounds) by the court in the western town of Lauterbach.

The man launched his celebrations as the neighbour's corpse was carried from his home in a coffin. The pensioner had shown intolerance towards his gay neighbours in the past and had often rowed with them, the court said.

Source[/b]

What a callous, prejudiced individual!

To celebrate the death of any human being is disgusting. Serves him right the bigotted old fool.

Oh, I'm getting harsh in my old age

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I can and can't believe that this sort of hatred still exists in the world.

Bit of a paltry fine though.

I know where I'd like to have attached a Catherine Wheel and shoved one of his rocket fireworks .

Comment

Very sad really.

Everyone entitled to their own opinions but to show such disrespect is unforgivable

Obviously their justice system is as warped as ours!

Had the gay couple reacted in any way to his carry on they would probably have been jailed!!

Just like the Tony Martin thing. Makes me mad!!!

HF

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Working...
        X