X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy neighbour fined £340

Available online here.

What a pathetic fine!! And why didn't they confiscate his noise-making machinery??? Still at least he's got a record now.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Apr 25 2003, 5:50 PM

What a pathetic fine!!
      That's what I thought too! Not much of a deterrent either is it?!

Comment

It's a total pittance to what he has put people through.

The fines should be higher and harsher.

Comment

That just makes me mad. I think I'm going to Ranters Corner tonight.

But £340? Like Misty says, they should have confiscated his "noise-creators".

While I'm on this, they should also have a banning order from him ever possessing a noise creator in the future, until he attends a "Noise Creating Management Course".

Every neighbour who suffered as a result of his noise creation should have submitted a small claim at the same time: Loss of sleep (priceless); loss of concentration (priceless); prescription costs; cost of earplug purchase; re-imbursements for calls made/ paper used on letters.

What do the victims get out of this? To know that the culprit has had to lay out a "small" amount of money? Gee whizz.

HGL getting ready to rant...

Comment

I thought that victims these days were supposed to have more of a say in the sentencing of perpetrators. Or is that something i've imagined? Or is that just about theft?

Why can't we claim for the disruption we've suffered as a result of the perpetrators of noise-creation/ ASB/ harassment etc.?

But, haven't these perpetrators stolen something from us? Yes, of course they have. They have stolen the quiet enjoyment of our homes and our lives.

HGL in campaign mode.

After a bottle of HGL can do anything .

Comment

Working...
            X