Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Car Horn: A nuisance beyond the road?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Car Horn: A nuisance beyond the road?

I just had to pen an article on this one!

Available to read here online.

Comments welcome on the main page there as always

By far and away - this is a sensitive subject for many.

The fact is the car horn forms part of your MOT and it is a requirement by law that you must have one and that it is in working order.

However, the obvious misuse is of great anoyance and the fact is as we become more of a couch potato nation the less likely people are to get out of their taxi's to walk to the door and ring the bell to announce their arrival.

It goes without saying that you cannot get away from the sounds of traffic however remotely you live and in Spinkysay's case if they can't get you on the ground they will get you in the air !

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby@Apr 19 2003, 3:10 PM

It goes without saying that you cannot get away from the sounds of traffic however remotely you live and in Spinkysay's case if they can't get you on the ground they will get you in the air !
      Too true Scooby, you can't escape the sounds of traffic in some kind of form, in most places in the world

I was driving down the M62 the other week and wondering how on earth that farmer gets on who has his farm (complete with access under-tunnel) halfway between Manchester/Yorkshire on the Pennines, smack bang in the middle of the motorway. Phew........the constant noise and the fumes must be something. I believe he was the farmer that refused to move when they built the M62.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew@Apr 19 2003, 10:06 PM

I believe he was the farmer that refused to move when they built the M62.
        Yes, he was and good for him.

I would imagine he gets the odd day of peace and quiet in winter when the motorway is blocked.

Comment

Matthew,

Is he the guy whose home is in effect sitting in the middle of a triangle with these motorway intersections all around him ?

I just don't think things like this should be allowed to happen.

This is what happens when Councils and Government cannot get their own way - they hit you with a 'Compulsory Purchase Order'.

So much for an Englishman's home being is castle !

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby@Apr 19 2003, 10:19 PM

Is he the guy whose home is in effect sitting in the middle of a triangle with these motorway intersections all around him ?

I just don't think things like this should be allowed to happen.
            That's him Scooby!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he had an offer to buy him out years ago, he refused (maybe not realising how busy the M62 would be?! ) and has been there ever since.

PS: Do you keep changing your signature or is it my eyes playing tricks on me?!

Comment

Well, I have been having a twiddle around yes.

But, in my defence Matthew I kept putting it onto bold and then the little bold logo would end up on my signature and then the colours were too bright and nearly sent your eyes squiffy so I had to alter them about.

The a giant line ended up going across the screen under my signature and I was starting to get to the point where I wished I hadn't bothered at all. So I intend to leave it now - well for a while anyway.

Oh and then I spotted the gender bit - so I passed on that - no I did I mean literally I put in Pass !

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby@Apr 19 2003, 10:28 PM

Well, I have been having a twiddle around yes.
                I have had enough of these double entendres. What is going on with everybody?

Has something been put into the special Easter chocolate?

Comment

Holly,

I have a twiddle most days - I thought it was the norm that everybody had at least one twiddle.

Everybody twiddle's don't they ? I mean I can twiddle up to 20 times a day and more. If I am twiddling around with the electric toothbrush - that counts as twice per day alone - it's the pulsating one Holly!

And then there's the vacuum cleaner - well I don't twiddle with that but I do twaddle. The telephone - that comes under twittering.

Oh I could just go on and on..........

You've lead a sheltered life young HGL.

Comment

Working...
                  X