This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny Wilkinson voted 'most desirable neighbour'

Jonny Wilkinson has been voted the most desirable neighbour in Britain.

Read this story at NFHiB.

and how cute is he?!!! :lol:

wouldnt want him living next door though, too many press would be hanging around and he might throw his ball in my garden!! :lol:

Comment

:lol:

He can throw his balls in my garden anytime, and himself with it!!!!! :lol:

hes well lush! B)
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

The thing about this story though is he could be an absolutely awful neighbour!

It just goes to show that in surveys like these such 'celebrities' are often used as role models or assumed that they will be a 'good neighbour' by most/all participants by virtue of their accomplishments. Apart from the ones that seem to always have a bad image attached to them (e.g. recently Jordan, Ozzy Osbourne, etc).

Comment

You are right of course Matthew and as many of us have experienced, NFH's often have one face for those in authority they wish to fool and another for their long suffering neighbours.

I am getting heartily fed up with this 'cult of celebrity' thing we have had shoved at us by the tabloids and trashy magazines, there are a lot of people out there who do truly wonderful unselfish things for their communities, and yet they never get deified in the press like, for example, david beckham...i mean he is a good role model for young kids, but theres not much else to him, apart from knowing how to make lots of bucks out of his celebrity...and now he is rewarded for this with an OBE!!! seems a bit OTT and just goes to show, even the government is encouraging this celebrity cult. i was very glad to see benjamin zephaniah turned his OBE down, men of principle do still exist. but i bet he will be slated for his decision.

i do hope jonny wilkinson doesnt folow the same route, as the press have immediately (and depressingly)suggested he will. he comes across as quite a genuine bloke, and he can live next door to me anytime...i wold probably be his NFH, as Id be gawping at his legs all the time har haar :lol: :hihi:
          http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Working...
          X