This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advert for curry sauce

I was just enjoying watching robot wars (yeah I am a geek!) and the ads came on

much to my disgust there is an advert for sharwoods curry sauce which makes out the sauce is loud and makes loud music come on, the ad finishes with the neighbours lying in bed having their bed rocked by the music with the man picking up the phone and saying "right thats it I am ringing the police"

I wasnt really paying attention so missed the first few seconds of this ad, has any one else seen it?

it bought back memories of the deritos ad (kelly osbourne and the "jerk" neighbours)

spot light on doritos

when I get to see it again I will watch it fully and if I feel I ought to I will be emailing the complaints people :badmood:

I always feel strongly about adverts which advocate its ok to make noise

so....who's with me??? :rant:

I've seen it too Beth - ggrrrrr

It made me :rant: too when I saw it. It just takes the P out of noise nuisance issues and it's not funny at all.

If I remember rightly when you complain you also have to say what channel you saw the advert on, the date and the time.

If YOU see it, can you let us all know which station, the date and time please so we can do a mass complaint!

ITC Complaint Form Here!

:rant:

Comment

I saw it on channel 5 during robot wars! today, sunday 16th november 2003!!

it was either the 7.30pm ads or the 7 48pm ads

Comment

OK, complaint has been sent in! Who's with ME & Beth!!!?

Comment

Bah, I missed RW again

FF
          Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

If I see it, I'll be back looking for the link !! :angry:

Comment

Still haven't seen the advert either!

If anyone's got a copy on Video, would you please copy it to your PC and send it over?

Comment

It was on again last night:

Monday 17 November

Channel Four

9.11 pm

Comment

thanks holly!

Comment

Apparently, the closest translation in english of the name of the curry sauce is 'a*se'. Just thought you'd like to know

FF
                    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I still havent seen it all the way through!!

I keep looking though! :badmood:

Comment

It was on again last night

Tuesday 18 November

Channel 4

8.45 pm

(If you watched Property Ladder you'll have seen it - unless of course you were brewing up at the time! )

Comment

I'm sensing a pattern here

Watch Channel Four between 8.30 - 9.30 pm and you're bound to catch it at some point

Comment

I saw the advert last night and I will be complaining, not only because it trivialises noise nuisance but it also has slightly racist undertones. Me no like it!!!

Isnt this the same company that did that 'open up your chakras' advert that got banned???
                            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

I saw it last night

ITV1 9.42pm during reverasal

grrr

the noise issue could of been stopped if they left the lid on the pot but they kept making it playing the music by taking the pot lid off....repeatedly :angry:

Comment

Working...
                              X