This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch a speeding neighbour on film

Residents could be asked to clock speeding vehicles on behalf of the police.

Speedwatch involves volunteers being trained to use monitoring equipment, such as speed guns...

Read the whole story online at NFHiB.

I could do with one of those speed guns

have invited every one to monitor speed but just had one of those strips across the road for a week, hummph, as much good as a chocolate fireguard!

another one of my moans, sorry, hate speeders, two little boys and their daad were nearly killed on my road by a maniac driver, and they were on the pavement,

that was two years ago and I am still waitng for the council to do something :rant: and thats after a 400 name petition!!!

I have heard they are looking in to it! yeah right!!! :banghead:

Comment

I am not sure about this either!!! I fell very cynical. I dont agree with speeding but this could get out of hand, with people snitching on others for going a few miles over the limit.

cant help thinking , despite what they say, this is more to do with raising revenue than cutting road casualties.

cant they think of something more worthwhile. e.g. stamping out nuisance behaviour...get the community involved in looking after others??? not just picking on motorists all the time...?
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

We and other residents once asked the police and council to address speeding in our road. They both denied that there was a problem. Much stroppiness ensued and the police eventually agreed to do some speed checks. This involved very large policeman in bright yellow fluorescent jacket standing conspicuously in the road pointing large speed gun at approaching motorists. Results, motorists slowed down and none were caught speeding. Thereby proving to the satisfaction of the police that there is no problem. When fat yellow plod departed, the graduates of the Michael Schumacher school ot taxi-driving re-appeared at their traditional speed.

Comment

Working...
        X