X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driven to her death

Outrage over Flo's callous murder

A poignant message left at the home of murdered pensioner Florence Seccombe hints at the anguish she had to suffer at the hands of mindless thugs.

Read the whole of the story, online at NFHiB.

This is awful.

To reach the age of 70, and then to be treated like this is unbelievable.

Comment

Plymouth City Council yesterday issued a statement saying that they were reviewing their files to see whether there was anything else they could have done to help her.

Anger, rage, fury, they don't even begin to express how I felt when I read this story!! :rant: :angry: Surely somebody must have realised what was going on when they were around mending broken windows? Surely somebody must have know about the terror this old lady was going through?

And then for her to be stabbed to death!! For what? Probably the few coppers she might have had in her pocket, or maybe for some sick thrill!!!

I can't say any more. I'm speechless with rage :rant:

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I agree it's an absolutely terrible story and an absolutely terrible and stark example (as it says in the article), that she was most definitely "let down by the system" - if indeed such an effective one even exists yet?

Comment

poor old soul, how can people just turn a blind eye and walk on by?! i sometimes wonder how much compassion there is in this ever increasing cold world, surely her neighbours/family/social services SOMEONE notice the suffering she was going through?? and why did she end up sleeping on the streets and not get helped?? I hope the police find her killer, and hope at least her soul rests in peace.

Comment

Have been following this story in local press. My sister and toddler son have misfortune to live in this area of Plymouth. Outwardly respectable looking but she hates it. She has her house on the market but can not sell it. The yobs have taken over.

There was a story on Daily Mail 3 weeks ago. nfh of a couple of ordinary people living in Yeovil, Somerset (20 miles from us) now in prison for harassing them for 10 bl**dy years. It took 10 years for the authorities to do anything. The couple and their kids were in fear of being killed by nfh. The parents even slept in shifts to keep watch. The Police knew but did nothing for 10 bl**dy years. It took an attempted arson attack on house for Police to finally take action. :angry:
            "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Working...
            X