This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop a Yob with The Sun

I have just seen in The Sun, they are starting a campaign to rid our streets of antisocial louts, following the government's launch yesterday of a supposed crack down.

They say if you want to 'shop a yob' you can either phone them or send an email and they will then send a team of investigators, and depending on what they find out they will name and shame those concerned.

the number is 020 7782 4118

or email [email protected]

i hope they can cope with the deluge!!!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Hi Annabel,

They are going to be swamped :unsure:

I'll reserve judgement on this, as it does sound a bit gun-Ho (sorry everyone for using this phrase, but I can't think of a better term!). The trouble is that the Sun is only doing this to boost sales. They are not going to care about any repercussions.

Or maybe I'm just being cynical....

Blue Cow

Comment

Perhaps a good idea if thought out properly, but will the Sun have time to think before moving onto the next good idea?

Look what happened when the News of the World named supposed peodaphiles. Some innocent people hounded out of their homes by a lynch mob.

Frightening stuff.
      "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

would you have taken it more seriously if it had been the times or telegraph?

is it beacuse its the sun that might be putting you off :lol:

we will have to see how it goes!

(if it had been the daily sport .....what then!!!!!! :P )

Comment

Hi Beth

would you have taken it more seriously if it had been the times or telegraph?

Probably would have

Comment

Working...
          X