X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaders welcome £22m anti-yob plan

Other stories within this one too.

CITY leaders today welcomed a £22 million Government plan designed to end anti-social behaviour.

Read it online at NFHiB.

I have to admit, I think you have some valid points there, HE.

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime, that's what Blair promised - how long ago? So where is the toughness on the causes of crime? As for tough on crime, yeah, like how? Prisoners get out early because the prisons are already overcrowded.

How about they make younger yobs clean up the grafitti and litter that they leave? That would be a lot more effective than fines that their parents will probably pay anyway. Oh, no, hang on, that might violate their human rights :P

Let's all wait six months and see if things have changed

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by HadEnough@Oct 14 2003, 8:33 PM

OOHH Matthew what did you post this for?
      Sorry, I just post the news, thankgoodness I don't write it! :lol:

Comment

I'm no big fan of Mr B, and as usual, there will not have been anywhere NEAR enough consultation. And I'm positive that many things will be difficult to enforce here.

On a slightly brighter note, maybe if more things are actual offences with their own specific penalties, it will be easier to gather evidence against some nfh?

More police officers, Youth Justice workers, Probation Officers and E.H.O.s needed I reckon!

Watch this space, I s'ppose.

Sapph

Comment

Working...
        X