• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blunketts Crackdown

Another NFH story, this time about Blunketts proposals

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3188022.stm

FF
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

I sometimes wonder if I'm just being optimistic about this forthcoming legislation. I mean, there is legislation there already but authorities are making very little use of it. Will new legislation be ignored as well? I don't know, maybe we'll have to wait and see.

One thing I noticed in that piece was the fact that problem families might lose their right to buy their council homes. I think there have been a couple of members here who have been fobbed off by their councils because their NFH were in the process of buying.

Anyway, time will tell

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

This from the Press Association.

Police and council workers must transform their attitudes to anti-social behaviour from yobs, beggars, and neighbours from hell, Home Secretary David Blunkett has said

But he stressed that a "step change" was needed in the attitudes of councils, the courts system and police, warning: "There is no longer any excuse for public services not to listen to victims".

Mr Blunkett said victims and witnesses must "take a stand" against anti-social behaviour and demand that local services act.

""I want safer communities where people don't think twice before walking down the street, where people have pride in their neighbourhood and where anti-social behaviour is challenged," he said. "It is possible if we work together."

Copyright © Press Association Ltd 2003, All Rights Reserved.

I too have my doubts about how this will work. We all know that many Neighbours From Hell intimidate their victims when they are sure no-one else is seeing them. And we have the common trait of NFHs poisoning the neighbourhood against their victims.

I'd love to see it work but in reality I can't see how it will against the NFH behaviour we've seen.

Its only when you have built up a catalogue of events that the authorities seem remotely interested.

I think it may be worth someone contacting David Blunkett about this website and the stories contained herein. This being the premier website about NFH behaviour. How does he propose his proposals will solve the problems faced here by victims of NFH?
      Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

I think it may be worth someone contacting David Blunkett about this website and the stories contained herein.

I think that is an excellent idea, Rockbank. When you see how Clareb has been treated by her local police force it hardly gives one grounds for optimism

I've just seen a bit on the midday news about it. Apparently one of the provisions is for teenagers aged 16 and 17 who will be fined for antisocial behaviour. As they were saying this there was a piece of film with a huge gang of kids, all obviously under 16 dancing on somebody's car. So what's the provision for under 16's I wonder?

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Well done HE I've still not heard anything back from Frank Field MP Hope you have better luck

Misty

Comment

Have sent an e-mail to my own MP (again, sigh...) .

Might have to have a West Yorkshire contigency meeting with her... ?

Comment

Well done HE. I hope he comes here but my experience of politicians is that they need a forum where they can bluster endlessly. I hope Mr Blunkett proves me wrong.

The true test of his proposals will be when we have existing and future members here who can say that their NFH problem has been solved as a direct result of his policy.

Real people are currently suffering real problems. Myself included.

So the clocks ticking.

Day 1 - No NFHiB problems solved by Mr Blunketts legislation.
              Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Thanks HE, nice one

Good to see the BBC linking the 'Loathe thy neighbour?' article with our link

Comment

Working...
                X