This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalag 17

I don't know how many of you have seen this film starring William Holden but its an excellent film set in a POW camp in WW2 where Holden is made a scapegoat by a german spy.

http://crazy4cinema.com/Review/FilmsS/f_stalag17.html

Its interesting to see how the spy, like NFH, uses manipulation of others to try and gang up on Holden until, after biding his time, Holden ultimately exposes the spy, having gathered enough evidence.

But the line I like the most is at the end when Holden escapes and speaks to his fellow inmates, which reminds me of what I'd like to say to some of the spineless neighbours near me who just sat back while we were harassed.

And I'm paraphrasing;

"Bye everyone, but if we ever pass each other on the street, lets just pretend we never met."
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.
Working...
X