This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner...

A NEW survey has shown that Londoners are the worst when it comes to being good neighbours...

Read the whole story from here.

Exxxcuuuse me???

How rude!! :blink:

Who wrote that? It must be a wind up!

I never had any neighbour probs in London - yes, OK they don't talk to each other much, but that has its good points, such as no interfering behaviour!! And tolerance!!!

And actually, if push came to shove, I think most people in London would help their neighbour (although they might ignore someone being stabbed in front of them on the tube :hihi: ).

Perhaps this needs to go into ranters corner !!

Mazza

Comment

The piece appears to be pretty prejudiced that's for sure Mazza.

As April has said you get good and bad neighbours all over the country, not just in cities, the countryside, etc.

Comment

Err, hello????

who wrote that load of old tosh?

in fact you would be hard pushed to find a 'cockney' in the east end of london these days. the person who wrote that article just made every word up. there are very few pie and mash places around these days, tchaaaahhh, i never heard such twaddle ever!!! :angry: :P

at least when you live in london people keep themselvesf to themselves and have no time generally for getting involved in poking their noses in other peoples business, as a lot of people who live out in the 'sticks' seem to be able to do.

i would rather live in anonymous london than in a 'quiet country village' anyday.

hip hip hooray for london a great metropolis B)
        http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel@Sep 29 2003, 11:20 AM

at least when you live in london people keep themselvesf to themselves and have no time generally for getting involved in poking their noses in other peoples business
          Too true.

They say that if you want to 'dissapear' you either head for a remote farmhouse with no neighbours for miles, or you live in the busiest part of London where no-one talks to you ...

FF
          Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Working...
          X