This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Field book

I heard an interview this morning on Radio Wales. Frank Field is publishing a book on NFH.

Anyone got the details of the book, please?

The only reference to a book by Frank Field is "Losing Out" -

Perhaps my most frustrating experience in the service of my party was serving on the policy working group on housing. We had many good ideas, but we could not put it all together. A real problem was created by the initial success of the policy of the sale of council houses. I remember Frank Field's book, Losing Out, published in 1989, in which he pointed out that only the people who were in effect unsuccessful were remaining in council estates—which were therefore becoming much more undesirable places to live and much harder places from which to become employed and were much greater poverty traps in themselves. So the apparent success of a policy has left a very big problem behind it. This may be one of the problems from which to start. I suppose that even on the Front Bench one must be allowed, if one is not committing anyone to anything, to think aloud sometimes.
    (Taken from Hansard)

Can't find anything about one he's writing at the moment. Perhaps contacting his Office may reveal something?

Comment

I think Frank Field is in the process of writing a book and it will be about antisocial behaviour such as that exhibited by NFH.

I'd be inclined to email his office to find out.
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Frank Field wrote an article in the Daily Mail today.

His book is called 'Neighbours from Hell: The Politics of Behaviour', published by Politico's price ÂŁ8.99

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X