This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours' titanic noise battle

A titanic argument has broken out between two neighbouring families over noisy renditions of a classic hit song by superstar Celine Dion.

Read the whole news story online at NFHiB.

Nice to see that the EH department in Scarborough's keen .

I don't recall Celine Dion being one of the artists that cropped up in the NFHiB topic about what music we'd play to annoy people. :P

Comment

I don't care if they are a musical family. Musical appreciation is subjective and they have no right to inflict their tastes, repeatedly on their neighbours.

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

"We are a musical family, but this whole affair has just left us miffed because we only play our instruments at reasonable times in the day."

Perhaps if they showed a little more consideration and reached an agreement with their neighbours for when/how long practice would go on for each day they would have been better neighbours instead of the selfish individuals they are obviously acting as?

Comment

looks like mediation should be given a go in this case.

I know kids have to practice to get better, but come on!!!!

Comment

having spent many years studing piano, I know you have to practice, and that may mean practicing the same piece many times....but for how long?! And what about her scales and arpeggios :lol: :lol: Nah, can't take this student of music seriously as a student!!! :lol: And, excuse me, but THAT tune?!

Sapph (Go on, Scarbourough Council )

Comment

I can really sympathise with these people.

Our neighbour had a teenage son who used to practice the piano for a good couple of hours a day (and more at weekends and holidays). As Sapphirelily says, I too can appreciate the need for practice (I used to play when I was younger), but when you're popping Nurofen just to counteract the effects of him boisterously pounding out "Lady In Red" for the fifteenth time.....your sanity can ultimately crack.... :music:

Comment

Celine Dion? Oh, yes. Her song. Oh, pardon me! :sicky: Vile! And every damn brat with a voice like a corn crake bawls, howls and bays their way through it! Arghhh!

Comment

Working...
                X