This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep It Quiet Or Face Court

HOMEOWNERS in south Liverpool who make life a misery for their neighbours could be made to face court.

The move is part of a new scheme to clamp down on anti-social behaviour in Woolton and Hunts Cross and could even see the worst offenders losing their homes.

Injunctions will be taken out against homeowners if they persistently breach the peace. They could have their possessions and, in extreme cases, their properties repossessed.

Peter Eustance, chairman of Woolton Village Residents Association, said: "Anti-social behaviour is an endemic problem and it's getting out of hand. It ranges from noise and disturbance to intimidation.

"People's lives are being ruined. Senior citizens are bothered by the noise and people who have to get up to go to work are not getting any sleep.

"We would welcome the injunctions."

Liverpool City Council's executive member for community safety, Coun Flo Clucas, said: "I want people to be able to live in this city in peace and harmony with their neighbours.

"Where people are causing problems for those around them tough action will be taken.

"We will no longer allow hundreds of people to have their lives ruined by a minority of people behaving in a thoughtless way. "It is important action is taken now as major steps are under way to regenerate the city."

In cases involving private owners or housing associations, the council will gather evidence and apply for an injunction.

This would be a legally binding order to stop the noise or face re-possession of the property. Nuisance council tenants will get one warning letter. If they continue to offend they will be served with eviction papers.

Thousands of residents across the city suffer at the hands of noisy neighbours with disturbances ranging from loud music, to children causing disruption and drug dealers' activities near their homes.

Action will start with pilot schemes in Norris Green, Woolton and Hunts Cross later this year before spreading across the city.

-----------------------------------------------

Not quite in my area yet, but I wonder how many examples they'll have to make before people get the message? Wonder how many examples they'll make - full stop. I'll hold judgement for now but hope for the best.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Oops, sorry I forgot to post the URL: http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100new...-name_page.html

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

An area to watch then Misty.

I've often wondered why the authorities don't do anything with owner occupiers. I mean, it is a lot easier to deal with anti-social tenants than owners.

Comment

Thanks for that Misty

I've also added this to the main News Database on the main site

:nfh1:

Comment

Where do the people go who are chucked out of their homes? I bet they'll just go and make someone else's life a misery!!!

An idea; how about a good neighbour course that everyone must attend and sign a form to say they DO understand and will abide by the rules and regs etc and respect others need for peace and privacy - before they're given the keys?

Then a three strikes and your out policy?

Comment

It's a great idea.

This has been a concern of mine all along - if someone is evicted from their home, they obviously have to live somewhere, i.e. next to another person, a new neighbour.

How do you deal with that? I really don't know. Classes are a good idea, but would they work?

Comment

I expect there will the the 'hard core' who will never learn their lesson but it might give some people the shock they need to change their behaviour.

I watched one of Kilroy's progs once and a young yob said he might have changed his behaviour if he thought that his parents would be evicted because of him.

Only time will tell

Misty

Comment

Working...
              X