This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastenders - Noise Nuisance Storyline

Shirley makes it clear to Gavin that she's unhappy with his noisiness. He cheerfully replies that he's just bought a new sound system. Later, she confronts him again. He cruelly accuses her of being a nag.Â*Â*

Just to let you all know that another soap is now covering the issue of noise nuisance. The NFH (Gavin) was very rude when Shirley tried to speak to him about it.

I don't know where they're going to go with this storyline.

One to watch maybe.

I did see a glimpse of what was happening, but will have to wait til Sunday to see it all.

Tri

Comment

I don't know where they're going to go with this storyline.

Like most things I've seen on Eastenders I'm sure it will end in tears before bedtime.

I don't watch it much, but have they ever had a happy storyline on it?

FF
      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I wonder if 'somebody' is reading these boards. Didn't we discuss the fact that there were no 'noise/neighbour' issues being shown in soaps a few months ago?

I saw last night's episode. Wonder if they'll deal with it rationally or use it as a sensational storyline? Hmmm. Only time will tell.

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I might try and catch it but the problem I have with Eastenders is that it is full of the most horrible and foulest people ever to grace the planet with the possible exception of Dot Cotton. To watch the soaps I need to have sympathy with some of the characters but in EE I would happily see their characters killed off in the most horrible way imaginable. And those double negatives drive me up the wall.

Have you ever noticed that the characters often talk in questions?

e.g.

"How ya doin?"

"Who wants to know?"

"Just askin', is that alright?

"Can't complain, you?

etc
          Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

I quite like the Peggy line, "gerrrahdamwoiiipahb!"

MistyI wonder if 'somebody' is reading these boards. Didn't we discuss the fact that there were no 'noise/neighbour' issues being shown in soaps a few months ago?

Oooh, I wonder? :huh:

Are you?

Comment

Ooh, Gavin is starting to look VERY nasty. Poor ol' Shirley I've got a feeling that her poor moggy is going to come to a sticky end Hope I'm wrong.

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

what I have seen of it....not much, it seems to be really focusing in her feelings

I so releated to the look on her face when the music started and she was trying to relax.

my stomach actually went over for her

will have to try and follow it for a while now to see whats going to happen.

NB

can we please only discuss the actual story line after the omnibus each sunday for those people who do a catch up on sundays!!

Vernon, we have to pinch your spoiler tag!! :lol:

Comment

no doubt what will happen is phil will steam in there, rip the plug out and trample the stereo to pieces.

end of noise problem.

whereas, what they should be doing is showing us months and months of tedious and obnoxious behaviour, unsympathetic Police and slow EH departments...which would be more realistic.

:angry: :sad:
                  http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Point taken Beth

But can people remind me on Sunday evening to post my comments about Pat.

Comment

I missed quite a lot of Eastenders last week, but did catch an early episode where Pat sympathised with Shirley (in the cafe) about the noise nuisance.

Pat's response was, get on to the Council and the Police and they'd sort it. Sadly it's not that straight forward in reality is it?

And how creepy is Gavin? Made my skin crawl when he came into her flat with the EHO's.

Comment

well.......the story seems to be progressing but....

is it true to life???

would you really get the out of hours people after a few weeks of putting a complaint in?

and do they only take half an hour to get to you??

what shall we do people of NFHiB??

we could all write to points of view about the story line and about us...what do you think??

and eastenders at the BBC

and anyone else you can think of

the telly magazines for example, you know the ones who have the readers letters at the back (normally about the great acting in emmerdale!!! :P )

this is an ideal time to make people aware of the size of neighbour problems

we will be heard!!!

power to the people :ban: :nfh1: :ban:

Comment

I suppose the tv people are caught between making something look realistic and keeping the storyline going for weeks, possibly boring it's audience, or keeping it shortish but showing what can be done. I think it's called artistic licence. Let's be honest, just how true to life is any soap?

But I knew that poor moggy was going to come to a sticky end. I could write those scripts!!! RIP Boots :cry:

Misty

Comment

Indeed RIP Boots - knew it was going to happen. But the part about Boots is true (sort of ), we had a similar problem with an old NFH and I can remember some other members of NFHiB having threats made towards their pets by their NFH.

Perhaps now would be a good time Beth to up NFHiB's publicity again. Who's starting first?

Comment

Just been to have a look at the EastEnders site. They have a MB there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?x=...e&state=threads

:huh: Poor Shirley A member was not sympathetic over the loss of Boots.

Comment

Working...
                              X