This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronation Street

For those who don't follow this soap opera there's a particular storyline at the moment where two of the streets residents, Curly Watts and his missus(forget her name) are being harnagued by an NFH called Les Battersby, who, by the way, and in my opinion, is doing the closest impression of my own NFH that I've seen.

Anyway Curly is breaking all the rules by actually responding to his NFH but then I suppose they have to in order to develop the story.
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

however, rockbank, what will eventually happen is that les will be barred from the Rovers, and this will immediately cease his obnoxious behaviour!!!!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Great minds think alike Rockbank.

I've been meaning to post something similar. I watched last night when Les had a bonfire in his back yard and Curly and his missus (Emma? - Police Inspector....) had their washing out.

He's also been noisy: music, shouting.

He's going out with a crowbar tonight I think.

He's desperately trying to cause problems for Curly and Emma as:

- they're trying to sell their house, and

- she lied which resulted in him going to prison

Comment

Let's all be totally honest about it tho?

Les and his family were labelled 'The Neighbours From Hell' a very long time ago, before they actually moved to the street :lol: I must admit it, but I wouldn't live within 10 miles of him :lol: :hihi: :lol:

Poor Curly & Emma

Tri

Comment

I wouldn't like to live next door to Les either.

I can't abide his behaviour towards Curly and Emma, but who is really at fault? If Emma had told the truth none of this would be happening.

It'll al be coming out in the wash soon though....

(I know it's not really real...honest :blush: :lol: )

Comment

I can't abide his behaviour towards Curly and Emma, but who is really at fault? If Emma had told the truth none of this would be happening.

Absolutely though some would probably argue that Les had it coming anyway. Still, its no excuse for Emma to lower herself to Les's standards.

Just goes to show that when you do the NFH just get worse.

Perhaps Curly or Emma could post here.

Yes, yes, I also know its not real.
            Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Do you think we could get Curly to post? He's a Councillor as well, you know...

Or Les? Vera? What about poor Emily? Even the Grimshaw's?

Comment

Don't forget Gail...in her house they're always shouting :lol: :lol:

Tri :lol:

Comment

While you're at it maybe your should try and get Jack and Vera Duckworth on.

Although I love Jack and Vera to bits I don't think would want them as my neighbours - especially with Jack's pidgeon loft in the back and listening to Vera barking her orders at him all hours of the day and night. :lol:

Comment

one of the round the back (on the road behind us) NFH were christened the Battersbys by their neighbours, they actually pulled a sofa out of the front door once to sit in the sun!

the whole family sunning themselves on the pavemet sat on this huge sofa.....was even funnier when they tried to get it back in that night after they had all been drinking!

dont really watch corrie unless Iam at work

so who want to e-mail Grananda TV???

suggest they stick the forum in the story line!!!

Comment

:lol:

Les can be quite funny, but perhaps the storyline will trivialise just how awful having NFH is??????

In fact a lot of Coronation Street is populated by NFH, I mean would you want to live anywhere near someone like Norris???????????????Or Tracy (yuk)

The way they all know each others' business, its unhealthy!!!!!!! :P :hihi:
                      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

You're quite right Annabel

The street is full of gossips :lol:

Tri :lol:

Comment

:lol:

But Beth, did you not know that hoofing your sofa out onto the street/patio/garden is very much THE trendy thing to do (IKEA style) these days :lol:

Coronation Street is the idea place for all NFH's surely as they are all of the same ilk!!!

(can't believe I'm involving myself with this conversation... )

Comment

Let us take Les out of the frameup with the police for a moment and replace him with someone a bit more respectable and would the Police have behaved in a different manner? Not from an experience that a member of my family had last year. Two uniformed officers making grave misrepresentations in Court to gain a conviction for an alleged seat belt offence. Found guiltyand ordered to be of good behaviour for three months. The lies told by the Police were recorded in a poem and circulated to all local Police stations and made front page news in our Highland News. Victim was admonished. We may have a bit of corruption in our Police Force but Thank God! for the power of our free press in this country.

Just all got to go to night class to learn how to write rhyme, I suppose.

The Police plot with Les was very intriguing for our family and we would say that the script writers were spot on the mark with the motive and the opportunity.

Anybody else with a similar experience of Police corruption in the Highlands?

Comment

Working...
                            X