This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour From Hell Named And Shamed On Pamphlets

A MAN who terrorised a North Wales village is being named and shamed as part of a controversial police move against people convicted of anti-social behaviour.

Read the entire news article from here at NFH in Britain!

This is perhaps an interesting look at the Human Rights Act '98 (or not using it, in use!), :

For instance:

Article 8: The Right to Respect for Private and Family Life, Home and Correspondence

(See http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/h...hts/part_4.php) could well be exercising certain rights/conditions (in this instance) attached to:

Interference can be permitted where it is lawful and necessary. This could be valid in a democratic society and for public safety, crime prevention, rights/freedoms of others...

Very interesting news, all for this if it succeeds, negatives and positives aside...

Comment

Naming and shaming.

Authorities are doing this more and more. I went to take a look at the liberty ASB page, but couldn't find any comments about this case, but the link for the page is here if anyone's interested:

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/iss...behaviour.shtml

Comment

I approve of such measures. There was a case in Manchester (I think) where the photographs of three youths who had been given ASBOs were displayed on posters in the area from where they had been banished.

Although in some perverted minds it might be seen as something to be proud of.

Let's hope it works.

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Aug 9 2003, 11:59 AM

Although in some perverted minds it might be seen as something to be proud of.

I'm sure Misty!

I bet the culprits get a few 'misguided' claps on the back and pints down the pub..........for being so, anti-social :huh: :blink:

Comment

All convictions can be reported upon. So in that way, this is the same....but to circulate in this way, I'm not sure generally. i would hate to see innocent member's of a perpetrator's family then being hounded. I think it's good that watchdogs/pressure groups like Liberty exist to check that measures are being applied appropriately. I suppose the balance is there when one person has such a devastating effect on the lives of others/is convicted due to the behaviour/is likely to carry on.

Sapph

Comment

I remember that case, April. Vickers was seen on tv making an appeal wasn't he? Two faced killer :angry:

It must have been horrendous to have that happen so close by

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Yes, I remember that case. There was also a programme on telly about it. He was really odd - I mean, how can anyone behave in that kind of way? What goes on in their minds to let them think they're actually an "ok" person?

Comment

Working...
                X