This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Trapped

Did anyone watch House Trapped on Channel 4 last night?

It was about people stuck in properties with serious problems. One of them was someone who had a convicted NFH next door.

The couple seemed elderly, about late sixties, but the NFH was aged 81!

The NFH was known about when they bought the house but the rule of disclosure hadn't come into play then.

Now they say that no-one would want to buy it. I wasn't so sure of that. The price may be lower than what you want but I would have though a young couple would be quite happy to buy it and wait till the NFH popped his clogs.

Certainly their situation didn't seem as bad as the woman who had a sex shop opposite her house.

Mind you when I lived in Denmark for a while there was brothel across the road. I could tell you a few interesting stories about that but I'll save that for another time.
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

I know some people I would like to permanently trap in a house!!!he he

gosh I am fed up today :angry: , posting rants all over the place... :badmood: need to chill out!!!

was that prog a one off or is it a series????

this NFH who is 81, he could live for 20 years you know, and probably would out of sheer spite!!!!!!!! oooh i am wicked! :ban: :ban:
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

I was going to watch that, but I thought they meant 'real' traps for NFH's.

Ahh well

In south africa, i've heard about a security system for your car. If anyone tampers with it, or tries to 'car-jack' you, 5 foot gas flames erupt from the sides of the car, incinerating anyone close by. I think it was legal over there ... perhaps not now though

FF
      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

:lol:

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

:lol:

FF, once again you crease me up, what are you like!!!!

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

I just caught the end of it. I think it was about some company that had bought up the freeholds and were about to charge phenomenal rates with the hope they could repossess the land plus the houses on them. Two old people demolished their homes before they would allow it to happen. I thought that was an absolutely tragic story. However because other home owners threatened to do the same the company renegotiated a more acceptable sum. I don't know what happened to the two selfless homeowners afterwards though

In south africa, i've heard about a security system for your car. If anyone tampers with it, or tries to 'car-jack' you, 5 foot gas flames erupt from the sides of the car, incinerating anyone close by. I think it was legal over there ... perhaps not now though

Crime in SA is of gargantuan proportions. I was reading yesterday that in the year 2000 statistics show there were nearly 22,000 murders but it's thought the true figure might be closer to 32,500 Don't think I'll pick SA for a holiday destination

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Yes, we watched it

Please watch out for it over the next two Tuesdays as it's a three-parter.

I thought the story about the couple in North Wales was awful. They have just had no respite from their nfh at all and the Justice system appears to have done nothing sufficient enough to relieve this couples nightmare.

:angry:

Comment

Working...
              X