This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alley Ways And Ginals

saw on teletext tonight that some councils are seeking permission to close off alley ways and ginals that cut through residential areas

this is suppose to help reduce anti social behaviours from dodgey geezer types.

it seems however that this could be a problem in some areas as the alleys are rights of way, maybe residential ramblers are objecting?!?!?!

one such area that is proposing the changes is Bradford.

In the area where I work the council (Leeds) have already closed off some alleys that run down the sides of houses with large metal gates.

the gates lock and on top there are roller balls which are supposed to prevent people from climbing over the top.

in theory each time you get a hold of the top of the fence you roll straight off again.

the idea is good in this area but would work more if residents remembered to lock the gates behind them!!!

Interesting Beth - a lot of alley ways are often poorly lit, dirty, littered and real sources of crime and dodgy goings on that's for sure.

So, hopefully this will reduce instances of anti social behaviour and activity in such areas.

Maybe too it's cheaper for council's to close them off?! Rather than pay for their upkeep or 'do them up' etc?

Comment

*GREETINGS*

This is a very short one.

I WISH THEY WOULD SHUT OFF THE ALLEYWAY UP THE

SIDE OF WHERE WE LIVE.

ok finished.

Comment

There has been some 'alleygating' in areas of Liverpool and it seems to have been quite successful on the whole. I'd like to see gates put up at the entrance to our green to keep the local yobs out :P Can't see it happening though

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jul 28 2003, 12:15 PM

There has been some 'alleygating' ...I'd like to see gates put up at the entrance to our green to keep the local yobs out :PĀ* Can't see it happening though

Misty
          I think some lovely alligators should be put at the entrance to your green Misty, that would surely keep the yobs away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Roflmao :lol: Thank you for that Holly :lol:

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
            X