X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anger Over Skate Park

Read the news in full here.

But I have been out there late at night and have seen young people just chilling out.

I'm all right Jack. I bet this person doesn't have a skate park in their back yard.

It's great isn't it? The LA "consult" the residents, the residents vote against it, but at the end of the day the LA will do what they want anyway. What's the point in it all?

Comment

Words like Lip service and tokenistic come to mind!

I remember planning permission for a certain building and use of that building being granted in our area about 6 years ago, it went through despite massive opposition by the local community. The council obviously had their own internal motives/influences?!

Comment

Democracy? Who said we had a democracy?

How typical! Makes you wonder about back handers doesn't it? On the face of it it seems a splendid idea, unfortunately it seems the place chosen for it was completely wrong. Surely there must be somewhere else, away from a residential area where they could put it! I also wonder how many of those councillors who voted for it have to suffer from it?

I think this would be an ideal opportunity for a would-be independent candidate to stand for election in the next elections.

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
        X