Cheap Homemade Cctv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Homemade Cctv

Although due to my situation I now have to have full night vision cctv with HD Audio and IR floods my progression to this started with a dummy cam, I explain the progression here.

In the early days I purchased two dummy cameras this had a great effect until the NFH worked out that the police had no evidence on cctv

Step 2 was to dismantle the dummy cams and glue a £1.99 web cam inside it. this connected to an old laptop and free software called ispy worked very well, this system grew to three webcams in dummy housing and provided a lot of evidence to the police.

I now have to film over a lot greater distance due to damage to my vehicles so have been forced to install a DVR system but miss my home made system to the extent that I have installed one cam just to run on the Ispy software, it is simple to use and free, best of all I can view the output on my laptop or phone where ever I am in the world,

dont be put off by cost, something as simple as a webcam in a window connected to software that will record is often enough and most webcams have built in microphones, which although not excellent will give the police all they need.

a few bits* bits of advice here from my experience, would be to put a bit of tape over the LED on the webcam if you do not want your NFH to know they are being filmed.do not let on to the police you have cctv of minor incidents as they will tell the NFH that they has seen the incident. make sure you know and comply with the law, the law regarding domestic systems is not the same as business systems and most police do not know this, they are for instance exempt for the data protection act and human rights act. but make sure you are legal, you do not want the police saying the cctv won’t hold up in court because you do not have a warning sign etc.

all of the above is simply from my experiance please do your own reasearch but it has worked well for me and will be happy to help out with set up ect if you need advice.

No one seems to know the law regarding CCTV at home. Is it a grey area or is there actual advice around somewhere?

Comment

I had the same problem everyone had an opion, I ended up writting to the courts after doing a cause through work on our business systems. certain wordings seem to be made so that the definition can be changed to suit the situation though! for instance PTZ can not be used on a domestic system but this is a physicial PTZ ie the camera itself can not move but the image can be moved electronicialy! when I have more time I will find the paper work and write a post regarding it, at the moment I am again waiting for the police to arrive as my partner and daughter have just been abused by our NFH on the way to the shop, out of cctv range so it is not the be all and end all! I will however say that some councils and police have strange ways of enforcement and it is better to get the police to veiw your set up before you are told it is not legall, that way you can always say the police have said it is ok! a little comon sence goes a long way though, I can point a camera across a public area at my car because it is a private car, but cant point it at my trailer as that is business!

Be ready for your NFH to complain about it though! As I said one minute I had the police saying they had complants about the cctv the next they are asking for it. My NFH says he is also getting damage done although no one has ever seen it, so my argument would be simple, my cctv records 24/7 so it is not only damage to me it picks up, thus he should be glad the sytem is there

Comment

Originally posted by onyavc

*the law regarding domestic systems are for instance exempt for the data protection act and human rights act.

I think you need to look at this, ................are you willing to put it to the test?

http://www.nfh.org.uk/forums/topic/3...-for-stalking/

Posted*Today, 12:07 AM

Privileged Advanced Member[*][*][COLOR=rgb(183,0,0)]Privileged Silvercard Member[/COLOR][*]642 posts[*]0 warning points[/list][*][COLOR=rgb(85,85,85)]Location[/COLOR]UK[/list]

I was arrested at my home for stalking my nfh, I asked the police officer "how was I doing that" he replied "because of your cctv",

I was detained in a cell for 18 hours and released at 3 o'clock in the morning with three months bail,

when I got home at 4 o'clock I found all of my cctv equipment gone along with all of my cctv footage, disc's, camera, mobile phone, desk top pc, DVR recorder, pc hard drive back-up, a mass of files, documents, my evidence of nfh crimes against me and my property, personal letters, bank account statements, invoices, and much more,*damage to my furniture,*mud all over the carpet,*the police did not leave an itemized list so I don't know what they have got altogether,

17 years ago the police said, trust us we'll fix it, but I am still waiting filled with empty promises

Years of CCTV footage of my nfh causing criminal damage to my property, abuse, 3 assaults, death threats, stage managed incidents, throwing their dog shit in my garden, false allegations and not one conviction against them, why?

If the Law is the same for everyone, why does the outcome depend on who you are?

Read my Biography

There is no point in giving false hope or misleading information

Comment

I have read your thread and am quite honestly shocked by the actions of the police, I am also sure they do not have the power to do that unless the cctv is used as a tool to stalk, although Norfolk police are generally useless they are in full support of my cctv fending of complaints from my NFH and have told me that they only have the power to offer advice if it is being used outside of the law, I am very careful not to film my NFHs garden, they did complain they get filmed when they use the path through my garden but were told by the police that we could film the path as we owned the land on the other side of the path and the path itself although they have a right of access, I also film across a public green to protect my cars, as long as I only film towards the cars that is fine as I own them thus I am filming my propery, in theory you can film on any public land and be totaly within the law.

I would be asking some very probing questions of the police and reporting the matter to the IPCC.

Comment

The*police here do as they like, they lie and make things up and behave like gestapo, in my*experience,

they tell me to do a certain thing and then arrest me for it, like "put a camera here, point it there, where nfh abuse you" *then they hold me in a cell for 18 hours, and bail me for 3 months, with talk of an*impending*charge,*which would lead to a conviction,

.., the common opinion of it*is that there is more to it, which has an*ulterior*motive, this is also the views of many who have seen my cctv footage and heard my audio recordings, this includes a number of T.V companies, I think the police are in so deep now, which would account for them telling me that I wont be going home when I am in the cell, without me even being accused or charged with anything, this was done on nothing more than an allegation, you might say that this amounts to mental torture,

and all of this because the police have an interest in my nfh, ..................in my opinion....... and others.
            17 years ago the police said, trust us we'll fix it, but I am still waiting filled with empty promises

Years of CCTV footage of my nfh causing criminal damage to my property, abuse, 3 assaults, death threats, stage managed incidents, throwing their dog shit in my garden, false allegations and not one conviction against them, why?

If the Law is the same for everyone, why does the outcome depend on who you are?

Read my Biography

Comment

I have to agree with you about the police although yours sound worse than ours which is saying something! we have had two complaints against the police upheld, but a big one where we proved an inspector had lied, officers had written false statements to back him up, and the inspector and OPT officer went to my partners boss and told her she was unfit to do her job due to being a drunk was thrown out by the IPCC we went through hell fortunatly my partner had to have fortnightly blood tests for a medicial condition which proved she did not drink at all, the inspector in question even produced statements of conversations between us and him when we had never met him. it also turned out that our NFHs sister inlaw worked in the police control room and the IPCC officer working the case went fishing at the weekends with the inspector in question, th police did try to take my computers but when we raised merry hell about them taking the computer that had evidence against them on it they backed down. fortunatly as time has gone on most of the police we have had problems with have moved on, although they still refuse to act on anything at least the new lot do seem to listen, not act! just listen.

the charge they arrested me on to get the computers? wasting police time! both myself and my partner called them about one incident, I then got arrested and the computers taken, as you can imagine they decided to drop the charge very quickly. when my solicitor asked them why they had taken the computers they said there maybe phone records on them! they were not interested in our phones though.

we are all going through hell in one form or another, but the police have certainly made ours worse.

Comment

Police are supposed to leave a receipt for property removed, make a full list and send this to the police stations senior officer, wait 2 weeks for a reply then contact IPCC with a complaint of theft by their officers .
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Good idea. A detective once removed chocolates from my house. They'd probably have been out of date by the time she asked me if she had any of my property. I should have asked for a replacement box!

Comment

Originally posted by Salzie

Police are supposed to leave a receipt for property removed, make a full list and send this to the police stations senior officer, wait 2 weeks for a reply then contact IPCC with a complaint of theft by their officers .

There was no receipt when I got home, I asked for one, they sent a basic list which read:- files, dicks, pc,.... but that was all,

I asked again for an itemized list*from an inspector but there has been no reply, the thing is that they took so much, it is too much to list, and apart from that what would they do when they came to all of the things they should not have taken,

they took so much I*don't*know what they have got myself,

I spoke to IPCC, they were not impressed, they advised me to "raise*a complaint of victimization and exceeding their authority" so I have,

the whole thing starts falling apart when IPCC send it back to PSD who are the police who did this in the first place,*

Read my Biography

Comment

Sorry, I seem to have high jacked this thread unwittingly , all of my stuff should all be here,*http://www.nfh.org.uk/forums/topic/3...-for-stalking/

Read my Biography

Comment

If you have a solicitor ask them to request a receipt, if you have no joy yourself, also get them to ask when your property will be returned. Have you been arrested for a criminal act, if not I'm pretty sure that cannot keep your property, if you have been arrested it can be held in evidence, though what your bank accounts have to do with CCTV and your neighbours I don't know.
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had a look at how to complain about police and one of the suggested methods of proof is to obtain CCTV footage. You couldn't make this stuff up !!
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Simple and cheap solution onyavc, I have not come across the software ispy, I have used Camtasia before to record webcam footage, like you said it can be used to zoom into specific areas so long as the lens is pointing in that direction. And yes, tape over the led indicator*light!

Comment

Originally posted by Sky2

Good idea. A detective once removed chocolates from my house. They'd probably have been out of date by the time she asked me if she had any of my property. I should have asked for a replacement box!
                              Are you serious Sky?
                              On what basis, cheeky, and I would not have just asking for a replacement box but an explanation as to how a box of chocolates was related to whatever you were being accused of ... !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X