This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Hunting

an emotive subject across the land at the present time, hunters are preparing to break the law so they can continue hunting.

is it good or bad and just plain ugly?

tell us your views and your reasoning on this topical subject!

all views will be respected by members, there is no wrong or right answer, just opinions!!
    good old tradition, keep it going
    0%
    barbaric blood sport, it should be stopped
    0%
    I dont care, does not effect me
    0%
    I dont know, am undecided
    0%

Barbaric, inhuman, cruel, unneccessary and extremely nasty as far as I'm concerned!

The arguments for it are shallow and steeped in 'social reasons' mainly. In 2003, this kind of caveman activity should be banned.

Comment

We are 100% with you and Beth, on this one Matthew.

Goosegirl.

Comment

Me too

What a dreadful past time to enjoy :angry: :rant:

Tri

Comment

If I got together a pack of dogs and went out onto the urban streets hunting cats, and wiping their bloodied carcasses across children's faces, I'm darn sure there would be an uproar! Well that's how I think about hunting foxes. However this doesn't mean I don't think there should be some sort of control. Foxes will kill for no other reason than they can, so they'll kill a whole load of chickens and only eat one. And they kill lambs

I suppose my main objection is that it teaches that killing can be fun, a sport. It's sick and so is shooting game birds, poor things don't stand a chance! Where's the sport in that? I saw this young lad, must have been no more than 10, today on Countryfile, off to hunt a fox. He was asked 'What will you do if they ban hunting' he replied 'I'll go shooting'. How sad

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Nov 2 2003, 3:17 PM

I saw this young lad, must have been no more than 10, today on Countryfile, off to hunt a fox.* He was asked 'What will you do if they ban hunting'* he replied 'I'll go shooting'.* How sad

I saw it too Misty, children of nursey age they said went on kids hunts! thats as young as 4 years old.

watching country file prompted this poll.

Comment

IMO there is just no need for fox hunting in this day and age.

Comment

Had the great misfortune to stumble across a hunt on Exmoor about 5years ago. The look of sheer, almost orgasmic, joy and bloodlust on their faces was absolutely disgusting. We were really shaken by it all. :rant:

The hunt followers are just as bad. Blocking roads etc. They have an arrogance that defies belief. :angry:
                "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Ahhh, so far everyone is of one mind!

is there no one who wants to make this a bit more interesting? :lol:

Comment

That's a correct description, John. People have died because of hunt sc*m, good people. People who dared to say no, to their land being invaded and their live stock upset. They try and make it into a Townie verses Country thing, when it is not.

Maybe I should start a INTERESTING bloodsport topic. Should we paint the town red, with the local NFH, maybe not.

PLEASE DON'T PEOPLE , that's how interested I feel at carrying this subject on.

GOOSEGIRL.

P.S. NO ONE ELSE HAD ANYTHING TO ADD.

Comment

Originally posted by goosegirl@Nov 2 2003, 11:33 PM

Maybe I should start a INTERESTING bloodsport topic.* Should we paint the town red, with the local NFH, maybe not.

hehee!!

I think NFH would feel less pain than the poor foxes.....no sense no feeling! :lol:

Comment

Thats true Beth. Sorry Beth but you started me off, ranting on that subject.

Goosegirl.

Comment

Hi,

Hunting animals is a cruel and barbaric pastime.

People who take perverse pleasure in torturing and hurting

animals are probably just as capable of violence towards

other human beings.

Didn't Prince Charles and Camilla both enjoy hunting

(I'm sure I saw photos of Camilla enjoying chasing poor

animals to their deaths).

It is my belief that Diana's death was orchestrated.

Diana was living in a world of people with might and power who

showed total disregard for the suffering of other creatures.

The Royal family enjoy hunting, shooting and killing defencless

creatures.

It would not be so far-fetched to think such people could

just as easily plot to erase a beautiful lady who was an

inconvenience to them.

Melanie

Comment

Barbaric

Archaic and (hopefully)....

Doomed

Sapph

Comment

Originally posted by sapphirelily10@Nov 3 2003, 11:34 PM

Doomed
                              Here's hoping......I feel it's just a matter of time now......like the Firework problem..........

Comment

Working...
                              X