X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi

First of all I want to say how sincerely grateful I am for this resource being available.

I don't feel quite ready to share my story yet (still a little raw). In some respects it seems rather tame compared to some of the horrors relayed on this site, but as has been previously stated by other users, if it's a problem to us it's a problem.

After another 'flash point' recently I really appreciated coming across this site, I was getting to the point where I didn't know if I wanted to scream, rage or cry :unsure: I know that I cannot stand to see my wife in tears again due to this situation.

It's so comforting to read other's accounts and see the level of support that is mutually offered.

Could anyone give me a little more guidance in respect of disclosure when selling a property? What needs to be disclosed? Do only 'officially' logged incidents have to be reported? Any tips or anecdotal hints would be gratefully received.

Long may this site continue continue and flourish, an invaluable resource, thank you

Hi Billy!!

welcome to the group, I am pleased you have found us, its amazing how a little support can boost your spirits.

you can tell your story when ever you are ready, no rush, pop it in whats your story or ask for help here.

like I said, no rush.

some of the members who are in the process of selling may be able to help you with disclosure.

come and visit us often!!

Comment

Hi Billy,

Haven't been here long myself but I soon discovered just how much knowledge and support is available. You will find it very useful just browsing round the forum finding out what others have sufered and how they've handled it.

When you're ready to tell your story, I'm sure the advice will flow.

It's also worht clicking on NFH Home above and having a look at the masses of info there.

Comment

Hi Billy and welcome to the family

I know how you feel, as I'm sure we all do, about not being able to post your story yet but we are patient people here and are ready when you are

Yes, it is a problem, if it's affecting you and your family, and most definitely if it has your wife in tears on a regular basis. I feel for her :sad:

I think that it is only problems that have been reported within the last 2 years that need to be disclosed, but I'm sure the others will put you on the right track

Tri

Comment

Thanks, really appreciate the messages of welcome.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I feel a bit of the weight lifting from my shoulders just finding this board.

The situation has been/is really frustrating, I get so caught up in it at times that I literally feel like I'm losing the plot!

The breaker point for me is seeing my reasonable, strong, and intelligent wife sat with her head in her hands crying (thankfully this is currently a rare occurance - but I can't let it continue). I feel so helpless at times.

Thanks again

Wishing you a stress free & peaceful day B)

Comment

Aww Billy,

we so know how you and your wife have been feeling! :sad:

you do feel like you are loosing the plot, you lose so much when you get a NFH, their lives seep into yours and you have no control over it.

having a good cry can help

being there for each other is even better.....so stay strong for each other!

after we have finshed with you you will no longer feel helpless!!!

we will give you info to empower yourselfs, empowerment is great :lol:

we had two sets of nfhs, we didnt know we could do anything for the first lot, by the time the second set moved in we had a better idea of what we could do....and all I can say is heaven help any more NFHs that what to live next door to me!!!

glad you are feeling a bit better already and keep posting!!

Comment

Billy

It's amazing what these NFH's teach you...and what a relief it is to find people who understand what you are going through. It's also nice to know that you are not alone anymore

By the way, if I was an NFH I would steer clear of you Beth :hihi:

Tri

Comment

By the way, if I was an NFH I would steer clear of you Beth

You're not kidding...they'd be mincemeat!! :smash:

Comment

Billy, welcome to the forum !!

I definitely know how you feel , the weight lifted off my shoulders too when I came here, and I will always be very grateful for that.

All the people here UNDERSTAND and as soon as you are ready to let us know your story, will be able to provide you with as much help as you need.

By the way, there was a very good thread about how to handle the SPIF form, I think you will find it on the 'whats your story or as for help' forum board.

:nfh1: :ban:
                  http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Welcome to the forum Billy, glad you found us

It really does help knowing you're not alone in this kind of situation and it's very empowering, encouraging and supporting help you'll get here from all members.

The SPIF post Annabel mentioned is here:

http://www.nfh.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=2441

Come back often

:nfh1:

Comment

Hi Billy and welcome to the forum

I hope you find what you need here. One thing you will find is support. It's amazing how much this forum has helped people. I for one was on the brink of going totally bonkers when I found it and with the support and sympathy of other members I no longer feel so isolated and helpless.

Good luck and don't worry about posting your story if you're not ready.

Misty
                      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Billy and welcome to you and your family

Just post when you're ready - there's never any pressure here on NFHiB take things at your own pace.

Many of us have been in exactly the same situation as you/your wife, I know that I for one can identify with the mixture of emotions that NFH make you feel. By joining the Forum, you are taking the first steps in coping and dealing with your NFH. Through sharing knowledge and experience of other members you will become more empowered yourselves - it really does help.

Take care.

Holly :nfh1:

Comment

Billy

I'm not exaggerating when I say I feel a bit of the weight lifting from my shoulders just finding this board.

The situation has been/is really frustrating, I get so caught up in it at times that I literally feel like I'm losing the plot!

Exactly how we felt at the beginning of July. Stick with this site and you will feel better, stronger etc and you will be given so much sound advice on how to deal with your problem..

Look after yourself and your wife.

John
                          "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi Billy.

Just share your story when you're ready. Loads of experience and ongoing support here.
                            Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Hi Billy

Welcome to the Forum!

I am so glad that you are finding it to be useful already.

When I first posted my story, I was at my lowest point, I had the weight of the world on my shoulders and could only see blackness :sad: .

Once the replies started to come in form the wonderful members here, I could suddenly see the sun again and have gone from strength to strength ever since .

I can't describe how it felt to know that others could understand the situation I found myself in and I no longer felt alone.

Please keep in touch with us here, I am certain you will find all the help, support and advice you could ever need to get through your situation .

Best wishes

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

Working...
                              X