X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Are Not Alone

Hi

I just wanted to say congratulations on such a wonderful web-site. I wish that I had had access to it years ago, as my partner and I have been victims of nosey / noisey neighbours (and their two enornous dogs) since my ex-neighbour's boyfriend moved in about five years ago.

It sounds so trivial now, but he used to stare over the back garden fence at us, just saying nothing and I found it so intimidating. I swear that he used to wait until he saw one of us go outside, and then would appear almost on cue and just gawp unashamedly at us for ages.

Oh yes - and that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you pull up outside the front of your own house becuse there's a chance that he'll be out in the front garden (or will come out when he sees us pull up) and will just stare again. I still get quite emotional just thinking about it. :cry: Not to mention the parking arguments.

Anyway, our son was born two years ago and by that point we'd had enough. Especially as an extremely feisty couple had moved in on the other side and used to argue at the top of their voices at all hours of the morning. I couldn't bear the thought of our little boy growing up with that awful man next door, so we decided to move. We were really lucky, and managed to move to a much quieter area with no shared parking / access and are so happy that we did.

When I think back on how my NFH had such an enormous impact on our homelife, I'm amazed, as I'm usually such a strong character that can hold my own to say the least. But my NFH left me feeling so intimidated and so dreadfully unhappy that I still find it hard to believe that a neighbour could have that sort of impact on us.

Anyway, enough moaning. I just wanted to thanks, as reading the NFH forum posts has finally made me realize that we weren't paranoid and we weren't the ones with the problem. I wish now that I hadn't allowed myself to become such an easy victim.

Anyone who is suffering at this moment at the hands of a NFH, keep your heads held high and take solace in the knowledge that you are never alone.

Best of luck

Blue Cow

:ban:

Hi Blue Cow and welcome to NFHiB

Thanks for telling your story. It really is amazing how NFH can blight your life and how, even if you move away, they still seem to invade your thoughts.

Good to hear you got away from your NFH Every success story gives us all hope.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Blue Cow and welcome

Thanks for sharing your story with us and glad to hear that you've come out the NFH situation to some peace and quiet .

Many of the stories here are similar in certain ways: the sicky feelings, the dread, the stares - it is some comfort knowing that you're not the only one who's felt like that.

Nice to have you with us.

:nfh1:

Comment

i now where you are coming from blue cow. we decided to move because when we looked at what the future might hold for us in our particular street we could see nothing but more hassle and we didnt want our daughter exposed to it. we would have moved eventually anyway because of schooling issues but we might not have done so for a couple of years yet. so a part of me is very angry that i have been forced to move prematurely, and on the other hand i look at how people round here want to behave and how they let their kids carry on and i think that i want nothing to do with it, so its better that i do move.

i am like you, pretty strong minded and i too am left bewildered wondering how these NFH have reduced me to a nervous wreck on occasions. I think i became an easy victim as well, and i dont know how it happened. however, i think NFH have no sense of decency and they are totally selfish in a way we can never understand. only this morning my NFH's kids were outside at 6.30 a.m. playing on their bikes, shrieking and carrying on, they were already dressed in their school uniforms...i just dont get it at all. i have to drag my daughter out of bed at 8 a.m. to get her ready for school.!!!!!

i just dont belong round here anymore. and i would say it to anyone with an NFH, that if you can, its better to move away than subject yourself to more torment and unhappiness. life is simply too precious to waste on trying to rationalise an NFH.

Good for you making a new life, and hopefully in time the scars will fade. this is what i am hoping for myself and anyone else who has moved to get away from the NFH.
        http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Hi Blue Cow and thank you for sharing your story on the forum

It is good to see you did what worked for you, and moved to a pleasanter place for you and your family to be, and very glad that the site has helped you see your reactions were perfectly usual in a bad situation!

Many thanks again, and glad you joined us

Sapph

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks for your kind comments.

For us, moving was denfinitely the right thing to do, although I understand that for many people this isn't possible, or as simple as it sounds :blush:

Annabel, thanks for your message. I've just been reading your story and feel so sorry for you and your family, especially as it was your little girl who was targeted. I hope that your move goes well - have you found a new house yet?

Take care

Blue Cow

Comment

Hi Blue Cow,

I'm glad you've managed to get back to normality in a peaceful area Good luck with the future

FF

P.S. You must be another parent of a child who loves 'Storymakers' my daughter gets really absorbed by it at the moment (blue cow reference, or am I way off?)
              Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Hi Freakyfun

No - you are spot on! :hihi:

He sings the song to me all the time which (as you know the words) - can be very repetitive!

Comment

Ah yes .. the song

"Everyone knows that cows don't sing annoying songs" ..

"But we know they can ..."

*sigh*

Slightly related .. my daughter always gets the themes from 'Storymakers' and 'Tikkabilla' mixed up when I whistle them. This leads to all sorts of hilarity on my daughters part .. no idea why though. (we play a game where I whistle a tune and she has to guess what it is)

he he

FF
                  Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Welcome Blue Cow!

Glad to have you with us and thanks for telling us what happened to you - the feelings, the effects are all so sadly familiar with NFH Probs eh? Your experience is really valuable here as it helps to help other people, good to have you on board

:nfh1:

PS: Like your avatar!

Comment

Hi Blue Cow

I know that just moving away from the NFH may not make you feel better at first, and it takes a lot of getting used to when you finally get away.

I'm glad to hear that your move was so successful and that you now live a happy 'normal' life.

Tri

Comment

Working...
                      X