No announcement yet.

Loud Thudding Music

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Loud Thudding Music

    I have lived in this council house for over 30 years with my eldest sister and Brother. we live in a terrance house and we are in the middle. One side is council the other is owned. We have always got on with our neighbours helpping them if we could. The trouble started 3 years ago with the owned side son playing loud thudding music, we asked them nicely if he could turn is music down, this was okay for a while them it started again, so we asked nicely once more, the next thing a 6ft fence was put up and they stopped speaking to us, but the music stopped.

    Then last year we had trouble with the council side, her son played loud music 5 to 6 hours a day, we asked the mother if he could turn it down which it was , but it soon started again, in the end the council Man heard himself the noise and it as been quiet every since. No The other side as started again I just do not know what to do, we have asked if we could be moved, but there is not many 3 bedroom house around where I live. I am at my witts end I do not want another break down is there anything that can be done.


  • #2
    Hi Spindle,

    We can chose our friends but not our family or neighbours

    Firstly, you should keep a diary of everything that is happening, note down EVERY incident. If there is more than one incident in the same day, note them down separately. Contact your local Enviromental Health Office and tell them what is happening and ask for help. There are some diary sheets that you can download from the resource section of this site.

    You say you are in a terrace, what kind of property is on the other side of the owned property? Are they council tenants as well? My local HA has told me that they are prepared to take owner/occupiers to court if the need arises, so ask your local housing office if they can help as well. Ask them if they have any sort of antisocial behaviour strategy in place.

    I'm sure other members will have a lot more advice to give and you can be sure you will get a lot of sympathy and support here

    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi


    • #3
      Hi Spindle

      Sorry to hear about the ongoing misery Have you got a local housing advice centre? Ask your council housing office for details of nearest on. Ask housing advice if they can help you to find out which Housing Associations have properties in your area, and if they can write a supporting letter on your behalf if you apply. This may be helpful in trying to get a move and the council are short of 3 bed properties. Perhaps your local councillor could take an interest in your plight. If nothing else, he could write a letter of support which you could also send to Housing Associations. Also, if your Gp has ever seen you about the misery this is causing, he/she could add to your letters of support to say a move could be beneficial on medical(psychological) grounds.




      • #4
        Hi spindle and welcome again to the Forum

        Sorry to hear that you've had long standing problems of noise nuisance, from both sets of neighbours too (albeit at different times).

        Noise nuisance can really grind you down as it is like a form of chinese torture. You have no control over it: when it starts, stops, or when the volume will go down.

        You've already been given excellent advice by both Misty and sapphire, and I wish you all the best with following those suggestions up.

        Please post back and let us know how you're getting on.