This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next step - mediation

Just a quick update - mediator came to visit last night (I gave her this website, so 'Hi!' just in case you look at the boards). She was very nice and put up with me crying at one point, but was slightly perturbed that she wasn't aware how an ASBO would be applied for if not a council tenant.

I have also just emailed Margaret Curran, who is the Minister for Communities in Scotland, outlining how I feel the ASBO process for owner-occupiers is particularly unfair and very stressful. So we'll see if we get any response.

Well, we'll see what happens next. The mediator thing is the only part I haven't told the nfh's mum yet, as to be honest I kind of want him to turn it down to strengthen my case. But if it happens I'm willing to go through with it. I've insisted that mum is involved, otherwise there is no point.

Mediator was quite reassuring about a face to face meeting (although I'm not up to doing that yet), but I know I'd get emotional so don't want to do that until I'm ready.

that's it really!

Hi Flossie,

glad it went ok and was not so dreadful!

hope this gives others the courage to go and see a mediator in their cases as well.

Comment

Flossie, well done for going ahead with the meeting with the mediator.

At least you have shown willing to confront the problem, now you just have to wait to see what NFH mum will do.

Good luck with the rest of the process. Hope things turn out ok but come back and tell us about it. And don't forget the rants folder

Take care

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Glad to hear that the ball is now rolling. Hope it all goes well, and let us know what happens (both with the Mediation and whether you get a response from the MP regarding ASBOs).

Well done .

Comment

thanks guys. The Scottish Office automated reply said it might up to 3 weeks before I get a reply! so we'll see. What do you lot think about ASBO application for owner-occupiers - was my comment that it is unfair justified?

Comment

Your comments were fair.

There is too much discrepancy with how the Courts and authorities deal with neighbour/ nuisance issues depending on what kind of tenure people have. It shouldn't make any difference whether you are a tenant or owner (in my view).

Comment

Working...
            X