This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waking up

I got up this morning and reality is hitting me.

I'm still going to try and kick butt, and attempt to make some logical moves today, but I have just had one of those thoughts.

IT'S HALF TERM!!!

My first thought was "where can I go and spend time during the day? I can't stay at home! Where can I take my children so that they can play without having to put up with the 'nothing nobodys' surrounding my home, doing what they do best - being evil little goblins?"

My NFH's have already been true to form. Balls hitting my living room window, screaming and shouting, and loud music until about 11.30pm last night. The shouting and screaming and banging of car doors in the street at 1.45am this morning etc.

It's something that most of us will probably have thought over the BH weekend. It's bad enough that the weekend has been made longer, but now we have the rest of the week!

Oh the highs and lows of having NFH's!

Hi Tristar,

We found that when we got away for the day it was fantastic but the thought of returning back home was terrible.

Just keep plugging away. The problem wont go away overnight but if you dont do anything it wont go away at all!!

Like the others we dread the summer as all you can hear is the din!!. Inside and out!!! there is no escape!!

chin up!!

keep in touch!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Ohhh, I feel the same here.

And the half term isn't just 5 days! It started on Friday evening till Sunday (9 days) and return to normal racket routine after that!

IT'S HALF TERM!!!*

My first thought was "where can I go and spend time during the day? I can't stay at home! [/b]
      They are making rattling noise, banging, thump thump *BANG*

Proving NFH complaints can be exhausting and difficult[/b]

May be I should start behave like NFH, the only good thing out of this situation seem that I learn their tactics so that it's hard to get caught!???? Sad situation really.

Horsefans, hit the nail on the coffin. Very words, strikes me.

We found that when we got away for the day it was fantastic but the thought of returning back home was terrible.[/b]

Twisted guts today.

Sky

Comment

Tristar, I share your despair of half-term. My kids are grown now, but I remember when they were younger, desperately trying to think of new places to take them each day to get them away from the local bullies. I still get the collywobbles during school holidays because of the amount of noise and the intermittent vandalism and harrassment we get here.

Also had the same thing with the slamming doors, loud music and the gathering of the gang, over the weekend. Half past two this morning there was an almighty bang followed by ten minutes or so of lesser bangs. Grrrrr. I couldn't get back to sleep until around 4am, just as the dawn chorus started *sigh*

As Sue says, try not to get too wound up about sorting it out. Do it when you're ready. Your children are your main priority and if getting them away from the trouble is what is needed, then you must do that first.

Good luck, I'm sending you positive vibes Let's hope the week passes quickly.

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I feel guilty in that I actually look forward to school holidays since it means my travelling time to work is cut almost in half. Don't have the neighbours with kids problems (my footballers appear to have gone somewhere else although being at work all day I can't confirm this) but reading some of your posts actually makes me wince. I can imagine the hell you're going through and the sheer desperation of it all. I would be tired and on any amount of anti-depressents and "C" class preparations by now. All I can do is extend my hopes that your situations ease.

Comment

Many people feel that way, but it would be ironic if you did start to behave like them and they managed to get a complaint upheld against you.

Don't lower yourself to their level, you'll lose all your pride and self-esteem if you do and you will be allowing them to control your behaviour in a negative way[/b]

I bet you, they will manage with their complaints too. How unfair!

Matter of fact is, I have no pride nor self-esteem anymore. I feel so low and deserve nothing.

sky

Comment

Originally posted by sky@May 27 2003, 2:56 PM

Matter of fact is, I have no pride nor self-esteem anymore. I feel so low and deserve nothing.
              Sky,

How untrue this is! You deserve *everything* you are entitled to - your self-esteem will rise if you let it, don't fall into the trap of blaming yourself and giving yourself a hard time.

You are not the cause of your neighbour problems, you didn't ask for it, you don't want it and you do not deserve it. You can and you will regain your self-esteem as you are better than them, you are human and like us all our motivation dips up and down all the time, be brave and regain your self-worth.

Don't ever fall into the trap of blaming yourself Sky, certainly when things are out of your control. Pull yourself up by your ears if you have to, motivate yourself in other ways, you *can* and you will be able to do it.

Comment

Sky, I can only echo what Matthew and Badger have said.

You are not to blame for your NFH. You are not to blame for all the hassle you are getting. You deserve and have a right to be able to live in and enjoy your home.

It sounds as though you may have gone through a difficult time in the past, but please, don't put yourself down. I know it's difficult when things are happening. not to get depressed, especially when it feels like nothing can be done. But please don't feel as though you deserve nothing. Tell yourself that you deserve a peaceful life, that you deserve respect, that you deserve everything that is good.

Try hard to keep the negative thoughts away, tell them you're not listening. Ooh, I wish the whole world could know just what effect these ignorant, selfish NFH have on people. Sky, please try to stay positive, think positive thoughts. Don't let moronic NFH rule your mind.

Take care,

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Sky

I'm sorry that you feel so low , but what you need to do is remember that you are better than these degenerate misgrades of alien species.

You have your pride and self-esteem still, it's just that sometimes it hides away. It doesn't ever go away we're better people than that, because we live with these NFH's, it doesn't mean that we are like them. They may make us think like them at times, but all is never lost!

Keep your chin up. We are all routing for each other here and if one of us is down, we can only but try to make them a little happier.

I'm a bit happier than this morning, incase you didn't notice. It's all about these ups and downs.

Tri

Comment

Living with nfh's is all about ups and downs, we have good days and bad days.

We live with the feeling that our lives revolve around that of our nfh and that is an awful situation to be in. It can completely zap your self-esteem and confidence.

My lowest point was just before Christmas last year. I hope I never get down to that again.

This weekend, we tried a different tactic and amazingly it has worked excellently.

We did exactly what we wanted to do, when we wanted to do it.

Whenever we left the house we said, "Don't be surprised if when we get back they'll be blocking our parking/ the music will be on tonight...etc".

We expected the worse and prepared ourselves for it.

It never happened.

We realised over this weekend how loud our nfh really is/ has been. We went to our normal neighbours and they had the radio on (quite loud I thought) - but we couldn't hear it in our house! So, we now know what level we can have our telly/ radio on for the neighbours not to hear it. Goodness only knows what the nfh has his volume button at.

Live your life for you: try not to let the nfh dictate how you run your life.

Give yourself positive affirmations to tell yourself every day.

Sky and tristar, all the very best to you both. Don't let them get you down.

Comment

Working...
                    X