This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOME IS A COUNCIL CAR PARK!

Since being served a notice under the 1997 Harassment Act there have been no further known intrusions onto my land and no other witnessed 'performances' from my neighbours.

Behind the scenes, things are different as I have had word that Mr.NFH is still mouthing off...let him...I have my plans...

The reason for this strand is that Mr.NFH has now returned to work after months of being sick after breaking his leg - twice.

He is employed by the Council of course - who else would employ him after he was found to be stealing materials from his company?

He has a passion for Council vehicles, transit vans, wagons and mini-buses which he uses when not on duty. Don't know if this is legit and paid for or whether it comes out of our taxes.

But guess where he parks them? Of course you know where, outside my house.

He has what he calls his carport, which isn't really a carport but an extension as the house is too small for them. It houses dogs, birds and after the Harassment notice a snooker table to keep the kids occupied - that is now another story in itself. It is extremely rare that the carport is used to house a car.

The carport could house 2/3 cars. there is room for another on his drive and a further 2 outside his house. He keeps his own car on his drive and Mrs NFH car in front of their house.

The Council vehicles are parked outside my house. Tonight, I have a twelve seater mini-bus out there, part on the pavement but not enough to hinder people.

I want to make an official complaint on Monday - I thought I would post here first in order to get your opinions on the issue. Am I being reasonable not wanting these vehicles parked outside my home when the neighbours have ample space of their own?
    THORNYSIDE

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thornyside

if the vans etc have the coucil names splashed across the side they will not want bad publicty....

already thinking if the council arent wanting to help, the local rag is the next port of call!

do they have those numbers on the back....am I driving carefully, if not ring this number....?

that could also be fun!!

feeling a little rebelish today!!

yes I would report them

Comment

Hi Thorneyside,

I was hoping that things had settled down for you somewhat, but, it seems not to be completely the case.

In relation to company owned vehicles - such as company cars for example - the driver of the vehicle pays soemthing called company car tax. Which to cut all the jargon out means that you pay for the priviledge of using the vehicle for both company use and private.

In the case of company vans and such like - I would doubt that the Council would be happy in fact I think it would be decidely unhappy if one of their vehicles was being used for personal use which is clearly outside their remit.

If the offending vehicle is causing you and others problems I would report it with any hesistation, I would also inform the Council of the PFA Notice served on him and point out to them that unless they actively do something about this then you will be heading off in the direction of the press. I remember very well a number of years ago The Sun newspaper running a story on the then British Rail vans being used for other activities - none other than in Warwickshire itself. I think BR got onto this PDQ and got it sorted out.

Might be a thought - you might not want to do it - but can threaten it can't you !

Comment

If it was me, Thornyside, I'd report them. You said one vehicle is parked partly on the pavement so surely this constitutes and obstruction. As you say it's your taxes that that paying for council vehicles and if they are causing you problems then report them/him. I think you are being very reasonable in considering doing so.

Glad to hear they're no longer trespassing in your garden. Funny what a promise from the police can achieve

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by THORNYSIDE@May 18 2003, 4:29 AM

I want to make an official complaint on Monday - I thought I would post here first in order to get your opinions on the issue. Am I being reasonable not wanting these vehicles parked outside my home when the neighbours have ample space of their own?
          If I were you Thornyside, I would report it tomorrow.

If they have room outside their own house, they should park there and not obstruct the area outside your home.

You are not being unreasonable about this.

Comment

Working...
          X