This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Stage

I have created a website about my own ongoing neighbours from hell story at,

http://mysite.freeserve.com/york.stage

Please visit and let me know what you think via this or my own site.

Thanks.
    THORNYSIDE

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thornyside

same problems all over!!

Welcome to the message board Thornyside,

your site is beautifully dark!! I love the flames and masks etc, it visually shows how a lot of us feel when the NFH start up, the masks made me thing of the two faced-ness and the twitching of the curtains.

It is good to have you here, lets hope we can swap advice together as you seem to know how the system works!!!

unfortunatly we all seem to become independant experts in certain fields due to the research we have all done for our own cases,

so there is a great big pot of knowledge here from across the country!!

Comment

Hi and welcome Thornyside to the NFH in Britain forum

Good to have you here, it's great to have a member with NFH web pages too - I'm off to have a good read of your web site and information.

Looking forward to your posts on the board.

Best Wishes.

Comment

Hi Thornyside, what an excellent website, I loved it, it's just a pity that it was the result of some NFH activity.

I read a lot of it and recognise a few things. Especially the letter to the residents and the use of a camera causing people to accuse you of something unsavory. Same thing happened to my husband.

I'll take a more in depth look tomorrow.

I wish I had half your talent, I tried to take the edge off my problems with something a 'little bit' similar, but came nowhere near to your website. Well done. Does your NFH know about it...if he can read?

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Feb 12 2003, 11:39 PM

I wish I had half your talent, I tried to take the edge off my problems with something a 'little bit' similar, but came nowhere near to your website.¬* Well done.¬* Does your NFH know about it...if he can read?

Misty
          [email protected]!

What a great idea with a mini website for you I could set you up some space on our NFH server and a nice content management program (editable over your browser) where you could upload your pages/pics, your story/text etc - it wouldn't be too painful - let me know if you're interested.

Your URL would then be something like http://www.nfh.org.uk/misty or http://misty.nfh.org.uk etc, etc.

Same offer applies to anyone on here who needs some webspace.

Comment

oo-er, thanks Matthew, I might have to edit it a bit. You know, change the names to protect the innocent and all that

I shall go and have a look at it, I did it as word document, would that work? I know absolutely nothing about creating web pages. I tried reading something about it but after the first line everything looked like blah-blah-blah.

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Misty -

MS Word does work as a webpage, but it has lot of problems displaying sometimes (e.g some browsers) and is full of a lot of 'bloated' code, etc, I could set you up a folder and program where you basically 'upload' your text/pictures etc from your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) from the admin pages, etc.

It would be quite straightforward and I'd need to install a program online for you later if you'd like, up to you but I reckon you'd do great! And you can always shout for help if needed!

Comment

Hi Thorneyside,

off for a peep at your site!

will be back soon

Horsefans

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Matthew, thanks for that I shall have a great time tomorrow fiddling around with it. You are clever

Misty

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Feb 13 2003, 9:42 PM

Matthew, thanks for that¬* I shall have a great time tomorrow fiddling around with it.¬* You are clever¬*

Misty
                    A pleasure Misty - looking forward to seeing your work - you're now a web 'artiste'!!

Can't take credit for the script/software though that runs the self-editing webpages, but it was tricky to get up, but seems to be working OK now - let me know if you get any probs.

Comment

Matthew - or anyone techy! My partner is in dire need!

His new computer is windows XP, and he's having a problem putting new pictures on the website he's had for a few years now on this new system. If I outlined the problem in an e mail/PM could anyone help? Next stop is the £1.50 a minute helplines!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spinkysay@Apr 22 2003, 5:54 PM

His new computer is windows XP, and he's having a problem putting new pictures on the website he's had for a few years now on this new system
                        Sounds weird Spinks?

What's he using to get the images up with? FTP prog? Or is it a Content Management System with a browser based upload? Or PHP/ASP script based? etc, etc....

More info in an outline would help, don't spend an obscene amount on the 'phone! Yikes, £1.50 PM.......shocking....

Comment

Matthew - to quote Misty "It's all blah blah blah to me".

Speaking as someone who attacked a printer (for the second time) this afternoon. No kidding I attacked it, ripped off a plastic chunk. I was this (.) close to throwing it out of the window and filming the process for an arthouse film. I hate this chunk of useless grey plastic junk. I rue the day I saw it. I hate it and it hates me. The feeling is definitely mutual. Tell me this. Why does it absolutely refuse to work when I'm up against a deadline? Because it KNOWS. I swear it's in cahoots with the helicopters. Never in the history of man has a woman hated a machine so much. Laser? It can laser off to where it came from. I HATE IT.

My other printer is upstairs in partners room, well I'm having it back. This one only works for him anyway. Yesterday. Took me ages geting a really important letter just right, pressed 'print' - and would it work? No. 'No paper' it kept saying, there was plenty of paper in and it knew it! Jiggled paper tray about, put more paper in, less paper in, same message. Call partner in, he presses THE SAME BUTTON and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if Derek Acorah wants to get busy with spirits and spooks he can get busy in my office with this printer that has the spirit of an evil EVIL devil in it. It's sitting looking at me ready for the next assault... it won't look so smug WHEN IT'S IN THE GARDEN IN PIECES.

..............sorry Matthew you caught me at the end of a fraught afternoon of NO PRINTER WHEN I NEEDED IT MOST!!!!!

Do you know what it's done while I've been writing this? The little green button saying 'ready' has come on - but that's just to lull you into a false sense of security - as when you press print IT WILL SAY NO PAPER!!!!!!!!!! I'm having murderous thoughts about it that wouldn't be out of place in a Hitchcock film.

I'm thinking calm. Okay, it's looking at me but I won't look at it, that way it can't stare me out.

........... I will pass your comments on to partner. Badger has come up with something and as I have nothing of intelligence to say about it I'll get partner to give you the techy information.

Comment

Working...
                          X