X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violent situation

Hi all...

I'm new to this forum, but not new to (NFH)

I had to move home too, best thing I ever did:jump:

However, my son now experiences the same for asking his nfh to lower their base music which was pounding through the ceiling. (block of flats)

His baby of 2 weeks at the time couldn't sleep for the noise at 1:00am in the early hours of the morning.

Since then he's had 3 lads on 3 occasions who reside upstairs, come down and kick at their door whilst they've been in bed.

What do the police do - NOTHING?

I am totally bemused by it all, the only thing you ever get from the police is 'there's nothing we can do it's your word against theirs', despite other people making statements?

what can you do when they won't listen

Thanks for welcoming me Mathew
    evemac

Hi

How can the Police say it's their word against yours when others have made statements backing your son up? Mad and it smacks of the Police being under-resourced so you get fobbed off. I was once told, when reporting verbal harrassment against my wife and kids "there are people dying out there you know". I was livid, marched down Police station and demanded to see the duty sergeant. It worked and we then got some help. Could your son try the same thing?

Hope he gets this sorted.

John
    "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi evemac and welcome

I agree with John. If other people have made statements then the police should at least speak to the NFH!

What kind of accommodation is your son in? Is it council, HA, privately rented or owned? He must start logging each and every incident. There are blank log sheets that you can download from the resource section of this site. http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/docs/index.php If he is in council or HA property tell him to go and speak to whoever is responsible for the flats and ask for help. If it privately rented tell him to speak to the landlord.

If the police will do nothing, despite evidence and statements perhaps he should think about making an official complaint to the police themselves or to the Independent Police Complaints Commission: http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/

Tell him good luck from us, hope somebody will listen

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Evemac.

Its disgusting. The Police have enough to go on to do something about this. Surely they should realise that if the door has been kicked in the at is (what I believe to be) Criminal Damage and Intent........

Sometimes the Police do just seem to fob you off. Don't let 'em..

Good Luck

Maria

Comment

'there's nothing we can do it's your word against theirs'

Would you like me to translate this into "realspeak" for you?

"Oh, no! They look like nasty, rough boys who might be cruel to us. You, on the oher hand, look like you are nice, so we can $££$ all over you and you will not cause us any trouble."

Are our police wonderful? Sadly, not all of them...

Comment

Thanks all

I've just logged back on after computer crash.

All the replies offer excellent advice, but believe me I think I've exhausted every one of those avenues.

I have contacted MP's, local gov ombudsman, noise polution and enquired about anti - social order bans/injunctions -does anyone help - Nope, not on your nelly!

I think the truth of the matter is, they don't know what to do besides the normal passing the buck to 'yet another useless dept 'until you are spinning, but no-one actually does ANYTHING??

It's all just the same words being repeated 'parrot fashion' and that's the long and the short of it.

Just last weekend the lads came on the scene again and threatened to petrol bomb the flat, with bottle and rag in hand.

These lads are brothers aged 25, 20 and 18.

Again, my sons word against theirs?

It is a council flat and I've e-mailed every dept of the council trying to get them an emergency transfer, again - no joy!

The flat above is rented to a woman in her forties and her sons (NFH) privately, so I have contacted her landlord by phone and letter, I've yet to hear something back.

The police just do not seem to care anymore, it wasn't too many years ago if that happened their a$$** would have been hauled to the police station and they would be made too frightened to do it again.

I think the police are losing the battle against right and wrong FAST or they just don't care after all, it's not happening to them!!!
            evemac

Comment

This is so typical EveMac but as things stand at present, trying to get the police and all those in power to take notice of this increasing problem in our crowded society is largely falling on deaf ears.

However, I would advise your son to continue to log and record every incident using the logs on this website. It sounds like they want a reaction from your son but if he won't provide them with one then they will probably withdraw.

Sadly though, we 've found that with NFHs its a long term game, and until our elected and appointed representatives start to take stock of this problem, we have to formulate our own strategies on dealing with the problems.

You may want to direct your son to this board though. Many members have found that merely knowing that they aren't the only ones suffering this kind of problem and that there are people here who are prepared to listen helps them no end.
              Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Hi again evemac.

HN suggestion is just what I was going to reply with.

And its also true what rockbank said, support on here is tremendous. Loads of different view points, great help too just knowing there are others around who can understand what tyou are going through.

Don't give up.

Maria

Comment

Hi

Another suggestion. Go to Citizens Advice or get a free 1/2 hour appointment with a solicitor. Somebody, somewhere, has to do something.

John
                  "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi Evemac, sorry to come in late.

What a horrid situation for your son! Go with HN suggestion: call the newspapers.

:rant: I can't believe the police don't do anything at all over in UK! Here in Canada, they'll sort it out for you right away.

You've got my support. Stinkin' NFH!!!!!! :nfh1:

N

Comment

Evemac sorry to use your space but just wanted to say this to LH

Police here (my view only) you get a good copper now and again, there are quite alot of them tho, but alot just seem to hide behind the skirts of say under funding etc....

Having said that the law in this country is weighted too much to help the guilty and to protect them. The genuine innocent have to fight their.

Once again apologies for using this space for my reply. Hope not offended anyone esp. you evemac.

Maria

Comment

Hi all

Thanks to everyone for their good sound advice, it is a nightmare for me because I too have been there.

Our (nfh) where we lived previously got 'very violent' and attacked my husband and myself on our own driveway in front of our children, and it all started because I asked for my driveway not to be obstructed anymore as it was causing me difficulties entering and exiting.

It was my driveway afterall?

We only paid to have it done 18 months earlier and it was a lot of money and within weeks they were constantly parking right over it.

Where do these people get off! I wouldn't do it to anyone.

Needless to say the police were 'no help' then and we had the wounds to prove we were attacked on our own property, but because wer'e family members and not 'independent' witnesses, they got off scott free, and my 9yr old daughter was crying to the police saying "my mother and father haven't done anything, they came onto our drive and attacked them' - and the police didn't want to know.

(I was flabbergasted)

But back to my son, he had his little baby in his arms and the older brother of 25 was trying to fight him and their mother looked on, then the 2 other brothers started to kick his door after he managed to get back into the flat.

That's when they went back upstairs to their own flat and returned with the rag in a bottle saying they would petrol bomb them.

What I would like to do to them I can't begin to describe, and I wish the most horrible things on them.

I cannot believe how weak the police force is, especially in the UK, they are just the worst in the world, they listen and then walk away to leave you get on with it.

Where is the justice?
                        evemac

Comment

Hi evemac.

There will be justice. Unfortunately it takes time for the likes of us.

Your son must pursue this.

The sc*m above him, words cannot describe.

But stick with it.

He will win.

Maria

Comment

Janee

That is a very good idea a dictaphone with a mic, I gave my son a dictaphone but never thought of a mic, will go out and get one - Thanks

By the way Maria - no probs about my space ;-)
                            evemac

Comment

Thanks evemac

much appreciated.

thinking of you.

Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X