This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help again please?

thanks for all your help and advice i`ve had more hassle today though!!!!!!

I ordered an argos additions catalogue about 2 weeks ago but never received it. This morning I received a fine for 25pound for putting rubbish out to early. What was the evidence???? My name and address attached to an argos additions cover for the said catalogue. So im not sure if someone innocerntly received my catalogue or it was taken off my door step and then put in a rubbish bag, or it was picked up and purposely put in a bag and left on the street knowing it would be picked up by council,checked and whoever put it there would get a fine...............please help

Hi Mandy,

Can you find out from Argos or the post office if they left the catalogue on your doorstep? It seems grossly unfair that you should have to pay a fine for something you haven't done! Just because your name is on something doesn't mean you have received it!

I don't know what else to suggest except to write to whoever sent the fine notice and explain you know nothing about it. Hopefully other members will have more advice.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Mandy

I'm not surprised you're upset and angry about a fine for something you haven't done! I would definitely put an appeal in writing to the manager of the department at the council, explaining that you don't know who did it, but that it certainly wasn't you. I can't think what else you can do, but it's worth a shot.

Sapph

Comment

Hi Mandy,

Anyone can nick anything not nailed down, even rubbish and catalogues.

It ain't your fault that the catalogue was just turfed somewhere without you physically taking delivery of it.

Perhaps you could contact Argos and ask them for a contact no. so that someone from the Council can verify your problem.

Ask them to confirm that they do just chuck the catalogue on the doorstep rather than wait for the door to be opened and then go to the Council and give them the contact name and no.

I am sure that you can sort this out - it's ridiculous and surely not the first time the Council will have known about idiots interfering with other peoples' rubbish.

For goodness' sake!!!

Mazza

:yobs:

Comment

Or did a "kind" neighbour take it in for you?

Check with the post office.

Also, put the ball fimly back in the council's court. "Dear Sir, I believe that my mail has been intercepted before reaching me. I trust that you will be willing to assist the Post Office in their investigation? I will be passing your contact details to the Post Office so that you will be able to inform them exactly where the bag was placed, what other evidence your staff found, as the person concerned might have stolen mail from other neighbours. As you are aware what a serious matter tampering with the delvery of the contents of the Royal Mail is, I am sure that both I and the Royal Mail can rely o your support in tryig to discover who stole the iem of mail." Or something like that.

Comment

thanks so much. It makes me feel so much better that i`m not the only person going through this xxxxx

Comment

Also, I shred *everything* with my name and address on before I chuck it out - letters, bills, envelopes. You can't trust NFH not to even pry into your rubbish, can you?

Janee, I too never put anything in my rubbish with my name and address on it. The main reason I do it is because you can never be sure that someone isn't out to 'steal' your identity. The less information about yourself you put in the rubbish the safer you will be.

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Good luck and fight it all the way hun !!

And is just me or do you feel that its an infringment on your privacy.........

What right has anyone got to grab someone elses name and address !!!!

Is nothing private anymore?????

Comment

oh my god!!!! Ive been on the phone to the council this morning and i`ve got to appeal against the fine as it was a legal document. Ive done nothing wrong but I`ve got to waste money on phone calls and stamps and writing letters. The council person I spke to was like adolf hitler and I ended up in tears on the telephone.....

Comment

Mandy, I'm really sorry to hear how unhelpful the council was

I just can't help thinking it is just another money making scheme!! :rant: It's also very scary. Imagine it, somebody wants to get you into trouble, all they have to do is type your name and address on an envelope, stick in amid a pile of rubbish and you end up paying! It is grossly unfair :rant:

I think you should also write a letter of complaint to either the Royal Mail or Argos, whoever left the catalogue on your doorstep. Maybe even get in touch with the local media.

Good luck, hope it all turns out ok.

Misty

Comment

Aww Mandy, sorry to hear that

we all know what an effort it can be fighting these things, you need to ask is it going to be worth fighting it? or shall I just pay the fine?

I know that I would not pay the fine and fight, even if its hard work and costs a bit in postage

did you get the name of the person you spoke to today?

remember always to get names......you never know when you are going to need to look back at them.

stay strong, it will be worth it in the end even if the battle is hard now :flowers:

Comment

Hi Mandy,

I'm so sorry to hear what an awful morning you had You've been given some great advice, and I wish you well with your complaint.

By the way, the idea of contacting Argos is a good one (it's got to be worth a shot at least). Big companies like this will generally go out of their way to help customers in situations like this (and believe me, when it comes to customer complaints - they've heard them all!!). If you keep on at Argos enough, they will help you, after all, it's their fault that all of this happened in the first place!

Good luck with your complaint, and don't worry about crying today, it can happen to anyone

Blue Cow

Comment

Hi Mandy,

Just try and remember that the oik that you spoke to on the phone today was a jumped up admin assistant who thinks she or he has the sole responsibility for the Council and can treat people like dirt - only because she or he usually gets treated like dirt too. :frown:

I know this is a pain, but write in and appeal. Yu'll probably HAVE to follow their procedures for this.

If you got that horrid admin's name, I would make a formal complaint to the Council too. They will have a leaflet at the Council office which will tell you how to complain. Don't be shy, use it.

Mazza

Comment

Hi mandy,

Keep going at the council and keep on at the courier or postal company.

If the Council won't listen to you and are still being like 'Adolph Hitlers' keep your calm and see them in court. I doubt it would even get into the court room as they take you into a side room first to discuss the matter and you will have all your evidence to hand, phone calls made, to whom you spoke to etc.

Its not nice going into a place like that but you know you are not at fault here.

Good Luck

:thumbs:

Comment

Hi Mandy

Don't know if this has already been suggested, but you could also try your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Comment

Working...
                              X