• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we ever get any peace?

Hi All

Haven't been around much lately, but have popped in when I can

It seems that the nights are drawing in and the NFH are gaining strength

After all the problems with the Bates', although all is not well, it is bearable and my children have settled down enough to enjoy time in their own home and live farily 'normal' lives.

Boy Bates has been out in the street playing (if you can call it that) and encouraging all the other KFH in the street to cause as many problems as they can. This time it's not just me, but my new neighbour who is getting the grief too.

The F&B's children, who are never at school, have been knocking on the front doors and running away, (no probs...we all played knock down ginger at some point in our childhood, I'm sure) but this is going way past the joyful stage.

They were throwing bricks and large pieces of wood at my new neighbours' house (we will call her 'newie'), the other night, as I went out to get some milk. They saw me leave and thought that my children were on their own, and started to throw things at my door too. When they saw me come back, they ran off down the street. I knocked to see if 'Newie' was okay, and she was in tears, her 5 year old son in a total panic, and ran to me, clinging to me for dear life. She told me that they had been doing it to my house whilst I was gone.

The next day we both wrote letters to the HA and as yet, have had no replies.

As well as this, the KFH have been running shopping trolley's into my car, using it as a goal post, and kicking and throwing a leather football from one side to the other, across the top of it (as sme of you know, it is a brand new motability car for my son). The good news it that I have it all on CCTV and will be showing it to the Housing Officer, when they finally respond. The police have shown no interest at all, and have not responded to calls made to them, until a couple of hours later, when all was calm.

The language used by these children, aged from 4 years old to 10 years old, is totally despicable. Boy Bates has been very careful and has been using these children to do his 'dirty work' for him, standing on the sideline watching it all erupt.

As you can imagine, it has been very hard for me to concentrate on much, except to make sure that the boys don't realise how upset this is making me feel. I don't want them to suffer any more than they already have, and am doing all I can to play the situation down.

I don't want it to seem like I am permanently complaining to the HA, but they don't seem to respond quickly enough.

I have now told Newie about all the aggravation that I have been getting here, and she has been really good about it. She has found out for herself what it is like and has vowed that she will not be 'fobbed off' by the HA, as I have been.

Oh well...here we go again

Tri

Hi Tri

Nice to see you back again - but I am sorry to hear that you're still having a terrible time with the ignoramuses :badmood: .

I feel so sorry for you and your nice neighbours, just how much are you expected to take from these savages? :angry:

How low can they go and how puerile - throwing things at the doors when you're not in - I mean what exactly is the point of that? Talk about no brain cells... :rant:

At least your new neighbour sounds like she won't put up with the nonsense. Please, both of you, keep at your Housing Association - don't even give it a second thought about you complaining too much. The more you go on at them, the more they'll have to act as they'll want to keep you off their backs!

As for the police - what on earth are they playing at? I thought that they were meant to be getting tough about this kind of thing - it's been on the telly non-stop lately about how they are going to crack down on yobs and anti-social behaviour. I know it's like banging your head an a brick wall, but don't accept them fobbing you off like this - go higher if you can - or if you have the stamina for it...

Oh dear, why should you have to be put in this position of having to complain, it's so unfair, I really hope that something can be sorted soon for you.

Best wishes

Mazza

:nfh1: :ban:

Comment

Hi Tri, nice to see you

Sorry to see you are having kfh problems.....horrible little g*ts aren't they?

It's good that you and newie can combine forces tho', as it's more pressure on the H.A. to respond more quickly to the complaints. Increese the pressure jointly, and see if you may be able to get a visit from the Housing manager arranged.

In terms of the police, I agree with Mazza that they are fobbing you off. If you can, again take a joint approach with newie with this, to see if that can get them to respond. it's great that you have CCTV footage of this behaviour, and at the very least, the police should be able to warn about the behaviour based on that evidence. Not only is these kids behaviour likely to result in criminal damage(or possibly even someone getting injured), but it is harassing and intimidating anti-social behaviour - and that is how the police should be looking at it. Have you got a community policeman who you could have a chat to about these issues since the response to crimes in progress has not been good?

All the very best with getting some attention with this before it escalates, Tri

Sapph

Comment

Hi Tristar,

Gawd!! I think I know exactly how you feel because we've also been having problems with little (and not so little) yobs just lately. It's been fairly quiet all summer but now with the dark evenings the little g*ts think they're so clever because they think the darkness will hide them!! The gene pool is obviously very shallow!!

One good thing is that you have an ally in newbie. It's really sad though that you both have to put up with this sort of thing. It really annoys me that the police think this sort of thing isn't worth bothering about. Don't they realise how much stress this places on people? Obviously not, after all they have all those bad motorists to catch!!

I'm glad you have caught some of the antisocial behaviour on camera. Although it's only good if the HA and the police use it! Good luck. Pass on our good wishes to your new neighbour

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Tri

There's always something with NFH/KFH isn't there? :angry:

Hope you can join forces with your new neighbour, sounds like she's going to be a powerful ally.

Good luck to both of you - keep on at the HA and the Police.

Holly

Comment

Hello Peeps

Thanks for all your replies

Any point in contacting the kids school?

Well Hazelnut, if the kids went to school at any time, the teachers may know them, but these kids seem to be at home 24/7. I know there is a law against it and I don't know how they are getting away with it.

I should be thankful that it is not as bad as it was I suppose, at least I have an ally as Misty says.

I'm just glad that I don't have to go it alone again

I have had a bit of a result today...one of my NFH came to the door to tell me that she had bought a cockrel (oh what fun), but if at any time it bothered me to let her know. I then told her that, as of yet, the cockrel hasn't bothered me, but her children and their behaviour have, and told her what has been going on. She assured me that it would be 'sorted'.

Next thing, Newie was knocking on my door thanking me for telling the NFH what the KFH were up to. Apparently she had knocked next door and apologised for her childrens' behaviour.

Maybe things will get better, but I very much doubt it...the kids were off again this afternoon :angry:

Tri

Comment

Ooh, that's a result isn't it? That's quite good then if she keeps it up

I hope it does help that you told her about the kids - good for you for saying something :thumbs:

Comment

I suppose that's one good thing then, Tri. At least you've put one nfh in a position where she has apologised....good for you!

Maybe at least that's one less to be concerned about, as long as she follows it through and keeps more control over her offspring

Having an ally is a more comfortable position to be in - carry on working together on this, and I reckon your combined force is going to reap some real results.

Take care Tri

Sapph

Comment

Hi there,

Sorry to hear the housing association is dragging it's feet, nothing unusual about that. One point to try is to ask the H.A. for a copy of their complaint proceedure and tenancy agreement. That some times wakes them up. You have to be careful about the "time limit" they put on incidents. If you have a quiet period of a few weeks, if and when it starts up again the H A say it's a new complaint because of the time between incidents. This is just another way of not doing anything positive. As for the police, they have a statatory right to respond, if you are not getting any help write to the Chief Constable, that usualy works. Good luck and keep a diary of everything. Just one other point. Be careful about your newie neigbour, when we finally got other tenants to corroborate our complaints we were accused of a conspiracy.

Antique.

Comment

Hi Tristar

Have often wondered how you are - I can remember your elation when the fence went up!

Sorry you are still having problems but it looks like this time you have someone on your side.

Take care.

John
                    "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi Tristar

Good on you for today. You must have done a very goor PR job on her for her to go straight round to the other neighbours to apologise!! Let's hope that she "sorts" it as she puts it.

Take care

Blue Cow

Comment

Thanks all for your replies

I must say that since telling my female NFH her children have been up this end of the street, but not for long, as she called them back to the other end :P

Today is Sunday though, and I'm expecting to see the KFH out in their droves, along with their friends (yes they invite them round to cause havoc too). I'm not against children playing by any means, but these KFH are destruction machines on legs with very big discusting mouths :rant:

Hazelnut...The family of children who are never at school have already been reported as far as I know, and have been to court. I don't know what the outcome was, but it obviously doesn't seem to bother them much. The way that I have been looking at it is that as long as my children are at school and getting a decent education, then I am doing my part as a responsible parent. If these people want to ruin their childrens' lives, then they can't be very good parents at all.

There is an awful lot of parental ignorance around this street and once 'kicked' out of the front doors to 'play', they can basically do as they please, unchecked, even when someone complains to the parents :badmood: It just feels like :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tri

Comment

Hi Tri. Good to see you back but then not so good if you se what I mean.

At least the female NFH seems to be taking some responsibility. Many wouldn't and would actively encourage their little darlings.

So maybe a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel.
                          Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

I know how you feel Tristar and I used to have all the same problems, with kids being kicked outside first thing in the morning and left to their own devices, not going to school, and the ringleader of the KFH getting the younger ones to do his bidding.

I hope you can somehow get the HA to get off their botties and get something done. no doubt perseverance is the key, but sometimes the energy involved isnt always there!!!

i think the neighbour with the cockerel is going to have a lot of complaints if she doesnt keep it from making a racket...mind you i would prefer to heaar a cockerek than a gang of rowdy brats anyday!!!!
                            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Hi Tristar

I'm not a regular here but have had no end of useful info and support for my mum. Reading your story, it sounds exactly like what my mum is going thru. She has yet to get anyone on her side - so good for you. The extra support makes the difference. The hurling of bricks and abuse sounds familiar too. And the "use" of other kids to do the dirty work. Its so sad. I hope things go well for you. I have to tell my mum about all the other people suffering needlessly from neighbour, council and police harrassment as she is experiencing, then she doesn't feel so alone.

The very best of luck

Tamara.

Comment

Working...
                              X