X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet for a while

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted so I thought that I would let you know how I was getting on with a couple of tips.

Since the scruffy B*****d next door (Commonly known as Trebus) bent the car aerial, removed part of my fence, had his dog s*****g on my front lawn and tore up my xmas card and reposted through my door, I have come to the conclusion that if you just ignore them they will eventually go away and annoy someone else.

I know that it is still hard to do but you must be strong. I used to stare at him back and laugh when he made snide remarks when I passed by, but have noticed that if I just don't look at all and carry on with everything that I am doing it appears to stop.

Don't get me wrong, I still deep down just want to go up to him and smack him one (As he is little and pathetic) but it would be me that gets into trouble.

Tell you one thing though, he won't be getting another olive branch Christmas card this year. I have noticed a lot of houses going up for sale on the estate with the housin boom in the north east etc and am hoping that one day I will turn that corner on the street and find that their house is up for sale, well you can dream can't you.

If you do want to get back without them knowing however (And they must have Sky Tv) buy one of those snooper radar detectors and point in the general vicinity of their dish. They may never watch a programme that they have paid excessive money for again. Better still, if you know that they are watching pay by view for a football match / boxing match, then you can sting back and have a little fun on the way.

Just don't get caught

Cheers

Angus (possibly turning vindictive)
    Angus

Hi Angus, its ok to jest but dont do it youd be as bad as them, and if you didnt get caught you still have it on your conscience and thats what makes a better person, still its a idea id give myself away as id be laughing to much, i do sometimes chuckle to my self as it when i think of my NFH in drag.

Comment

hehe.....good to see you Angus :thumbs:

we know you would never do that....... :lol:

well done for ignoring them, very hard but gets easier as you go, the sun is still bright so sunglasses are handy!! no eye contact at all

hope his house goes up to, you can always live in hope!!

take care

Comment

Hi Angus,

Good idea about ignoring NFH totally, I think they get their kicks from your reactions and if they don't get any, well, you've just spoiled their day :P

Hope things get better for you very soon

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by angus@Sep 28 2003, 10:30 AM

I have come to the conclusion that if you just ignore them they will eventually go away and annoy someone else.
          Hi Angus, great to hear your update

I totally agree, whilst it is sometimes immensely difficult to ignore an NFH, they thrive on attention and with the knowledge/realisation they're making their sufferers lives a misery.

To ignore them cuts them off and you remain on a morally and physically higher ground than them. Often NFH can't deal with the slow dawning that they have been discovered and their unwanted interferences are being treated with the contempt they deserve.

It does get a lot easier to ignore NFH totally as you go on - with ours we pretended they didn't even exist when we crossed paths outside for example, it drove one of them to utter distraction I have to say, we would walk/talk/carry on as if they weren't there totally.

Let us know how you're doing from time to time

:nfh1:

Comment

Good for you angus!

I agree with the ignoring tactic, it definitely works and actually can be very empowering

It gets easier as you go along too.

Mazza

Comment

Angus!!

If you do want to get back without them knowing however (And they must have Sky Tv) buy one of those snooper radar detectors and point in the general vicinity of their dish. They may never watch a programme that they have paid excessive money for again. Better still, if you know that they are watching pay by view for a football match / boxing match, then you can sting back and have a little fun on the way.

Just don't get caught

That's a terrible thing to suggest!

Next you'll, er , be telling us where you can get one of these radar detectors.

Any clues so I can avoid those shops?
              Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

buy one of those snooper radar detectors and point in the general vicinity of their dish

I have a suspicion that this wouldn't work. Radar detectors are designed to recieve radar signals, not emit them. If it isn't emitting radar, it would have no effect on the sattelite signal to the sky dish.

On the off chance its emitting radar, it would probably interfere with your own sky reception too.

For permanant interference (and I do not advocate doing this for one second) the removal of 1 foot of satellite cable with pruners would work pretty well

FF
                Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

For permanant interference (and I do not advocate doing this for one second) the removal of 1 foot of satellite cable with pruners would work pretty well

I'm shocked

Comment

I wish it was that easy with our NFH,

We tried to discuess it with them, nothing but abuse and more stuff stolen. We made sure our house was in order, not doing anything to upset them. Still more of the same. Windows shot through and threats to kill me in the street.

Scared so reported them to the police, council refused to mend windows without a crime number.

I cannot garden or hang out washing anymore, they stalk us . When at home they make excuses to walk past our house slowly.

We tried to ignore them and anything them and their friends did. If we ignore them, and the damage and theft they do. They act as if they are winning and we are too scared to do anything. It just gets worse.

If we report them, it stops for a while. Then more damage gets done. He comes into the garden if he sees me leaving. He shouts abuse that I am upsetting his wife, calling the police. That he will come round and kill me.

GG.

Comment

Thats sounds terrible Goosegirl ... I presume you know about the protection from harressment act 1997? One section that would apply to you is:

4. - (1) A person whose course of conduct causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him is guilty of an offence if he knows or ought to know that his course of conduct will cause the other so to fear on each of those occasions. ....

.... (4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable-

(a) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years, or a fine, or both,

Ask the police about this, by threatening to kill you he has committed a criminal offence worth 5 years in prison!

FF
                      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Hi

Good idea about ignoring NFH totally, I think they get their kicks from your reactions and if they don't get any, well, you've just spoiled their day

Misty - ref above. we were very sceptical when you all gave us this advice but you were so right.

And Mazza - yes, it can be very empowering!

Angus - good luck and long may it remain peaeful!

John
                        "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Working...
                        X