No announcement yet.

Need Help

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Help

    I have lived in my house for 6 years and never have i come across a neighbour as bad as this. They moved in our street 5 months ago this is there 5th council house they have had as the council have re-housed them this many times cause they cause so much trouble.

    These ppl call them selfs travellers our street has become a tip yard the kids in the street are scared to come out of the house because they said there send there kids out to batter them i got beaten up by the woman as she said she was having a bad day we have phoned the police the street wardens and the council and still nothing has been done to them is there anyone out there for us do we have to keep putting up with this :cry:

  • #2

    Hi Lynne,

    congratulations on finding this site - although you probably wish you did not have to ...

    Your situation sounds so desperate, but you have come to the right place for all the help, support and advice that you will need to deal with your NFH.

    Lots of others will be along to point you in the right direction for help - all I can say is keep at the Council and keep a log of everything that happens - you will need it.

    All the best,




    • #3
      Welcome Lynne - to the NFHiB Forum

      Sorry you had to find us, like Mazza Says.

      Can you give us a bit more info so we can build up a good picture of what else is happening and what else you've managed to do so far?

      e.g. are the local authority env health involved? What other issues are there (e.g noise, etc). I am sorry to hear you have been physically assaulted too, the Police must take action - did you have independent witnessess by any chance?

      Sorry to ask all the questions, but it does help us to give you the best personalised advice we can.

      In the meantime, have you had a look at the NFHiB help articles here:

      There are quite a few different subjects that will hopefully help you

      You'll get a lot of support and help here, above all a total understanding of what it's like to live with an NFH problem.



      • #4
        Hi Lynne...sorry you need to find us, but welcome!

        Please log everything. Ask for an urgent meeting with the Area Housing Manager. If you can, get a crime number/ incident log number from the police, so the Housing dept. can see/ check what's going on. To committ an assault on a neighbour is a clear(and serious) breach of their tenancy obligations.

        Please let us know how you go with this!



        • #5
          Hi Lynne and welcome to the Forum

          If you can answer the questions that other members have raised, it will give us more information to get a better picture of your situation.

          Do you know what your other neighbours feel about these particular tenants? Do you know if they have made any complaints to the Housing Office?

          If the children are scared to go out, it may be worth having a chat to the school when term time starts again. I now that other members may be able to advise you more on this angle.

          You may want to speak to your local Councillor about your concerns to see what help they can give you.

          The main thing that you must start to do, as Matthew and others have said, is to write everything down and get as much evidence as you possibly can.

          Come back here often to see everyones replies and to let us know how you're getting on.


          • #6
            Hi Lynne and welcome

            I truly sympathise with your situation as I have seen this happen to someone where I used to live :angry: It's not fair on anyone and least of all the kids.

            The others have given you the basic things to do, but as they say, more information is needed in order to give the best advice.

            Sorry that you have had to find this site and are living in what I can only describe as hell, because of this family.



            • #7
              Hi Lynne and welcome

              I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Did your report your attacker to the police?

              It only takes one family to turn a community into a living hell. From what you said it sounds like the council are just playing 'musical chairs'. If they've had to move them that many times it's about time they started looking into more drastic measures to deal with them.

              As the others have said, you must log everything. If your other neighbours are as fed up as you then try to get them to come together to present a united front to the council.

              Good luck

              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi


              • #8
                hi Lynne

                just wanted to add my welcome as well

                you have now found us!....and we are very good listeners and will try to give the best advice we can! :nfh1:


                • #9
                  Let me get this into context - this female NFH assaulted you correct ?

                  Right then so what are the police doing about it ?

                  Have they had her in for questioning yet or what ?

                  I would put a bit of pressure on the police and ask that you want a crime number and that you are aware that this should be logged down as a Section 42 Assault at the minimum. If you have bruising - get photos taken and quickly.

                  You want it investigating and if they don't do diddly squat about it then come back here and I shall give you a bit more leverage to you bow and arrow.