This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment

had a lot of trouble with a male neighbour, shouting, threatening behaviour while i'm on my own with my kids. Has assulted my partner ABH case withdrawn due to no witnesses. Just seen police who issues 1st harassment warning to this person. Now worried what he will do next :cry:

Hi Ses and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your situation Hopefully the PFH order will do the trick and give your NFH the shock he needs to improve his behaviour.

Come back as often you want, you'll find a lot of good advice, support and sympathy from members.

Don't despair.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

THANKS NICE TO GET A RESPONSE SO QUICKLY. WE DID THINK THINGS WOULD HAVE STOPPED WHEN HE SAW THE DAMAGW HE DID TO MY PARTNER, BUT AS NO ONE WAS FORTHCOMING AS A WITNESS & JUST BURIED THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND HE HAS STARTED AGAIN. CAN A NFH SEE THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS

Comment

Hi Ses, and nice to have you join NFHiB

So sorry to hear about this man's dreadful assualt! And that the prosecution was dropped...hope he takes some notice of his warning.

Is he a tenant or owner occupier? If he's a tenant of the Council/a Housing Association then he needs reporting to them asap, with back-up from police! He is in serious breach of his tenancy agreement, and they should respond with some serious action against him :badmood:

Please keep us posted with how things are going, and again, I hope he retreats now.

Good luck

Sapph

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your awful neighbour Ses. Did you witness the assault yourself? It seems odd that the police didn't prosecute if you were a witness.

The harassment warning will definitely give your complaint more backbone - don't give up on the police yet, they have their procedures but I've found that if you report everything as and when it happens (no matter how small or seemingly trivial) then the police will be able to build up a pattern to take action eventually.

Don't give up hope - the odds are stacked against your NFH even if it doesn't feel that way at the moment.

:nfh1:

Comment

Hi ses and welcome

Sorry to hear about the assault.

It's good that the Police are starting to takes the first steps under the protection from Harassment Act. Make sure you write everythign down that your NFH does so you can give it to the Police if necessary.

Check out the Self-Help Articles on the Home Page too, as you should find some very useful information.

:nfh1:

Comment

Working...
            X