This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Brain Is Back To Old Tricks.

Hi Guys, remember me? the guy with the noisey neighbour who had a habit of kicking in your door whilst weilding a machete?

He must have bought a new hi-fi at the weekend, 2 nights running he has been at it and last night he was playing music so loud it keept me awake until 4 this morning. I don't mind people playing loud music but he lives in the basement and I live 5 floors above him!

We've contacted environmental health who do nothing, the police are all but useless, so what's left?

If he kicks off tonight I may well put my plan into action, he keeps his windows open and you can see his hi-fi through his crappy net curtains so with a couple of we aimed shots through the open window from the garden I should be able to puncture the membranes of his speakes with my air rifle, I'll leave him the tweaters.
    "no matter where you are, that's where you've been".

Hi saint

I've just refreshed myself with your story. So it's all still going on? Why can't these people just give it a rest?

Why aren't the EH doing something about the noise? Have you been writing everything down?

It's difficult sometimes on the Forum to know where people are coming from, so I hope that your plan is one of wishful thinking .

Really sorry that it's all still going on saint.

Comment

Hi Saint

Good to see you again, although under bad circumstances. :huh:

As Holly has said, why on earth have the EH dept not stepped in yet? Is the noise very spaced out, inconsistent, etc?

Can you give us an update?

You could take private action, or further officially based steps - have a read through our noise article online here:

http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/n...noise/index.php

:nfh1:

Comment

Hi Saint, welcome back

I really thought you'd settled the problems with your NFH. Did you get no joy from the landlady?

My only comment is, please think very carefully about using an airgun on NFH's speakers You could be laying yourself open to arrest, or worse, if you're seen. The police seem to be getting very trigger happy just lately and I'd hate to see anything happen to you So my advice is 'don't!'

Maybe you and your other neighbours should get together and have another go at the landlady.

Good luck

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Guy's,

Yeah the incidents are spaced out and are very inconsistent, whenever the EH go round he apologises prufusely and then turns it down, but the next time it's as loud as before.

As you already know he has an anger management issue and has been known to be armed in the past.

He also kept my mate up all night last night and he lives across the road behind a block of flats!

I did get slight revenge this morning when I blasted an airhorn through his bathroom window at 7am on my way to work, If I have to get up that early with no sleep then so should he!!!

It was quiet for ages, he was even somewhat civil but alas he is back to his old tricks.

I also believe he is dealing drugs from the premesis, there are always a constant stream of young lads coming and going at all hours and he has started to put an old multi-colored rug out on the front wall every so often. Now, years ago when I was a nipper the woman over the road from my parents used to do this, it meant that they had some stock in.

I think I might ring crimebusters.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint@Aug 18 2003, 3:48 PM

Yeah the incidents are spaced out and are very inconsistent, whenever the EH go round he apologises prufusely and then turns it down, but the next time it's as loud as before.
            Hi saint - this so makes me cross. :angry: :badmood:

I know that the Statutory Nuisance stuff around noise says that it has to be (in basic terms for it to be a nuisance):

- loud and

- regular

When I talked to our EH department, at length, over this I argued that if my nfh was paying music "regularly" at least I would know when it was happening.

It is the very fact that it isn't regular that makes it, in my opinion, much, much more of a nuisance.

If you suspect that someone is dealing, ring the Dob in a Dealer campaign - part of Crimestoppers.

Please get back on to the EH department. and keep us all updated.

Comment

Ah... peace at last.

Until he gets new speakes.

Comment

Until he gets new speakes.

You didn't!! Did you??

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Oh my!!

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

Oh dear.

I hope not? :unsure: :blink:

Comment

:lol: :lol:

TUT TUT!

:nfh1: :ban:
                      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

You have to understand that with a 18 month old and a 7week old in the house life is strained at the best of times.

I feel no guilt or shame, just as he has no common decency or respect for those around him.

Oh and I did shop him as well.

Comment

saint, nice one ...shop him all you want! Hope you have a peaceful one! (no airguns please!).

sapph

Comment

Hi Saint

Sorry to hear about your NFH. I do hope that it takes him a while for the new speakers, but you really shouldn't have :hihi:

I like the fog horn trick :lol:

Tri

Comment

Hello again Saint

Sorry to hear the idiot's playing up again.

I remember your story from months back. He kicked in your door but quietened down after you dropped him one.

What of the people on the floors between you and him? Are they doing what they can to persuade him to relocate or behave too? If not I'd suggest there must be better environments for you to bring up a new family.

We chose not to respond with any naughty stuff with our former nfh. We ended up moving house, so I'm not going to critisize you for fighting him as you do with air horns/ rifles. In fact I like to hear of a spirited fighting-back. Just watch your family doesn't get caught up in any exchanges of attrition.

I remember waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. when a deranged nfh was whacking the party wall (with a sledgehammer by the sound of it) of my 4 year old daughter's room. It woke up the good folk the other side too. The nfh was a near nocturnal sewer- minded individual, never seen up before midday. They got the Sex Pistols from me and Fleetwoood Mac from the other neighbours at 9am the next day. My missus didn't approve but the halo has to drop sometimes, eh?

Hope you get it sorted painlessly.

Comment

Working...
                              X