This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Neighbours From Hell

We have neighbours from Hell on both sides. Apaprently we are not allwoed to do any work in the garden as this drives one set into a frenzy. We garden quietly, so that's not an issue.

The other neighbours seem to be deliberately making our lives a misery by drilling late at night. He has been doing DIY on the house for FOUR years. I mean, how many walls can this twit have to drill and hammer? :lol:

My partner has lived in this house for the best part of 30 years and she always got on with her neighbours before.

The one set of neighbours who use the DIY torture tipped their hands some time ago and asked us if we were thinking of moving? That explained why there was all the banging. We believe they want us out, but will make such a nuisance of themselves that we'd have to sell to them at a knockdown price, so they can knock the two houses into one.

Apaprt from Mr NIH's habit of standing in the back garden in the middle of the night and staring up at our house (!) there's not really much that they do. But it is the way that they do it that causes the problems.

Hi Neighboured, and welcome to the forum.....albeit sorry you've had to find us!

Drilling late at night IS a problem, when it goes on for four years....especially after 11p.m :badmood:

Please check out "Legislation" on nfh home page(see index on LH side), particularly the Noise Act 1996 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990. You need to log all incidences of noise nuisance(date, time, type of noise, duration, etc). Can you try recording any of this, sound-wise?

Contact your Council's Environmental Health/Protection team asap, inform them of the problem, and let them know you are logging this disturbing behaviour.

I take it nfh already own their house, so action by a landlord is out of the question?

It will be good to hear you are getting some response from EH, so please visit often, and let us know how things are going

Comment

Hi Neighboured and welcome to the forum

I really feel for you...having one NFH is enough...but two would send me to the nuthouse :crazy:

You will find lots of good advice and support on this website. I hope it will help you as it has helped me

Tri

Comment

Hi Neighboured and welcome to the Forum

Two sets of NFH How awful to be sandwiched between them.

If you want to take any action about the niose issue, then you need to follow sapphire's advice and start writing everything down.

You may find it useful to check out the Self Help Articles:

Coping with a neighbour from hell (NFH):

http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/h...hints/index.php

Noise Nuisance:

http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/n...noise/index.php

Please let us know how you're getting on. All the best.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for being so welcoming. The noisy DIY neighbour seems to have all angles covered. He knows exactly how much noise he can create, how long he can create it for, etc., etc.

Is there a NFH handbook that tells them how to BE NFH?

I was reading part of a thesis on internet trolls the other evening and I realised that the behaviour of Internet trolls and of NFH seems so related that they has got to be a link between them, some sort of personality disorder.

Some NFH are convinced that WE are their NFH! They seem to exhbit a very strrange "looking glass" view of the world. Because you are so horrid to them (how DARE you want to park on your own drive! :lol that when they pull stunts like making noise, tipping rubbish into your garden, etc., etc (I have read posts here, they make our NFH seem almost angelic when compared to what some of you put up with) it is because you made them do it and they are only getting their own back.

In their warped mirror image of reality they can do no wrong. :ban:

Comment

Originally posted by Neighboured@Aug 11 2003, 7:32 PM

Is there a NFH handbook that tells them how to BE NFH?**

strangly enough there is!!

welcome by the way!

our members wrote a book on how to be a NFH, you can find it on the main site under humour, does any of the entries ring true for you? nfh traits are all too common

if you would like to add to the book you can do my emailing matthew with your nfh tips!

I am really sorry to hear you are sandwiched between them, bummer :sad:

I hope the eho can help and advise you, dont take no for an answer!

good luck

Comment

Hi Neighboured and welcome

Wow, talk about a rose between two thorns You have my utmost sympathy

[/QUOTE]

We believe they want us out, but will make such a nuisance of themselves that we'd have to sell to them at a knockdown price, so they can knock the two houses into one.

[quote]

Or maybe, if you decide to move, you can hike the price up because they want it so much

I wish there was something I could say that will help, but unfortunately there's nothing I think Holly has pointed you to some good advice. Good luck.

If you need to rant, we have a rants folder

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Bit off topic, but whats an 'internet troll' ?

FF
                Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

An internet troll is somebody who makes inflammatory statements purely to cause offence. They think they're clever but they're just pathetic little morons who can't get their jollies any other way. Best course of action if you meet one is ignore them because they just love people trying to argue with them, they don't argue, they just insult.

I'm sure there is another more simple explanation, but that's mine

Misty
                  "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Right ... I shall look out for them

FF
                    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Yes... Internet trolls or 'players' as they're sometimes called get into forum boards or chat rooms and pretend to be someone they're not. They do it in small groups. Usually one plays an aggressor and another will come up with a more serious, more thought out viewpoint. Sometimes they'll put phrases in a posting that could be taken in two ways - sort of schoolboy humour really. Or just say strange things that in the context of a serious post could seem quite normal.

The most irritating thing is when they come on a website such as this, where people are under a lot of stress and need help and when they get it they reach out to help others, only to find that person isn't real at all, just someone having a laugh at others expense. Even more annoying is when you spend ages answering a post and thinking about it, only to find someone made the whole thing up.

Some of them can put a story together quite reasonably, and seem quite credible, not all are agrresors, they think it's funny to get you to agree with them on some topic or get you on their side - then they come back with something from left field.

They like to cause trouble. Full stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X