X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbal Abuse From My Neighbour

on 27.7.03.

We have a long running dispute regarding a shared fence between our properties. The person concerned is always putting little notes through our door with various complaints, we put a small fence up in the front garden and it threatened us with contacting the police.

This culminated on the above date with the person coming round to our home and basically having a slanging match with my spouse. Because my spouse did not respond this person said the following:

'What about the pervert in the back garden?'

My spouse enquired to whom were they referring to and they said your wife.

They then went onto say that I was 'flaunting my deformed body in full view of her son'.

I have multiple sclerosis and I found these comments extremely hurtful and upsetting.

I have found that contacting people like yourselves is helping me to get out of my system, at first I could not stop crying - I could not believe how cruel and insensitive people could be.

I am so sorry that you are having to put up with this kind of rubbish. Some people really have no idea do they? I don't think they ever engage their brains before they say stuff.

All I can do is offer you an opportunity to vent some more spleen and get the anger out of your system - although it would be nice to slap them, wouldn't it? :angry:

Is this a long runnng dispute that has flared up gain or just something out of the blue?

Please don't let them upset you too much. They honestly aren't worth your tears, and only just deserve your pity. Lets all hope they never have to suffer the acts they perpetrate on others, as I dubt they have the backbone to deal with real tragedy. Try to be happy - everyone here will offer you all sorts of wonderful advice about how best to cope!

Comment

welcome sid!

and can I say...ggg$£%&*[email protected]@@ds

how horrible and nasty! grrrrr

you come and rant here as much as you want when ever you want!!

we also do chat sessions on tues and sunday nights where you will be made very welcome!

how sad is this world when people fall out over fence and then come out with mean comments

I am very very cross for you :angry: :badmood:

if you feel you can, please tell us the story of your fence, but only when you are ready

we should be able to offer you some helpful advice

come back often :ban:

Comment

Hi sid and welcome to the Forum

So sorry to hear aou the nasty comments from your nieghbour. So do they have issues about the fencing you have at the front AND back of your property?

What does it say in your deeds about the type of fencing you can have there ?

Just to check as well, do you and your neighbour own or rent?

Oh, there are some really nasty and awful people around these days and I'm so sorry you're living next to one lot of them.

The first thing you must start doing is to jot down anything you are uncomfortbale about. There is a blank sheet for you to print off and use here:

http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/docs/Recor...m_Nuisances.doc

I'm not surprised that you find the comments of you nfh despicable, I'm sure that any of us would in the same circumstances.

Comment

Hi Sid

What dreadful, ignorant neighbours......are they perfection personified?(whatever they think that might be!). Obviously not!

I think , whatever the issue here, it is time to start logging what is happening, as Holly says. ANYTHING that they say/do that you feel is out of order....LOG IT. Starting with that nasty comment.

Please come back and visit, and I'm sure you will get support and advice here.

Regards

Sapph

Comment

Hi Sid and welcome to the forum

Once again I am almost left speechless by the actions and words of a moronic NFH!!!

You cried because you are a human being who has been hurt. Your NFH however is obviously devoid of any normal human empathies. Don't let this person hurt you with her evil words. I know it's difficult but her 'perverted' ideas aren't worth a microsecond of your concern. She obviously sees you as a soft target. She is a bully, pure and simple!

I suggest you keep all the notes this NFH pushes through your door and log every incident that upsets you.

I'm sure you'll get a lot more advice when you tell us about what kind of property you live in, e.g. owned/HA/council. As there are different remedies that apply.

Please don't allow this NFH to get inside your head, she is not worth it. Take care

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Sid,

I can only echo the words of other members. Please don't waste your tears on this moron.

You will receive help and support on all areas of your problem here and in your own time if you could let us know more details on the fence situation I will offer any advice I can.

In the mean time please try not to be upset by the comments of a half wit.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and please take care ,Kevin

Comment

Sid

I know from bitter experience that there are vile people out there, but mocking disability of any kind is, to my mind, one of the most repulsive actions anyone can take.

All I can say is come here often. I am a newish member but the advice and support you receive is brilliant. It has gotten my wife and I through many dark moments. You may fel alone but believe me, you are not.

Take care.

John
                "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

but mocking disability of any kind is, to my mind, one of the most repulsive actions anyone can take.

I once worked on a local free newspaper. I had to go to a workshop that was run for disadvantaged youngsters. These youngsters have various problems and I was struck by the dedication of the staff, especially the lady that started and ran the project. I cannot remember her name but the workshop was called the Twigg Lane workshop.

She was fiercely protective of her charges and had an empathy with them. I interviewed her and something she said is burned in my brain. She told me about people who thought it was really clever to mock the young people who were working so hard to make it in a 'normal' world. "What they don't realise," she said, "is that this could be them, their lives can change in a heartbeat. They may be walking along the road, driving in a car, and suddenly something will happen, an accident, and in a heartbeat those who mock can become that that they mock."

Sid's NFH is obviously one of those who thinks it's perfectly ok to be nasty to somebody who is disabled, but what she doesn't realise is that one day something might happen to her or her son and they will want understanding rather than mockery. For her sake I hope it never happens, but I wish people like her would stop and think before they say such hurtful things.

Misty
                  "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Sid,

Just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear the dreadful comments made by your excrable neighbours. How dare they! Please don't take these horrid comments to heart - NFH have a knack of saying whatever will cause the most distress.

You'll find plenty of support here Sid, and good advice on dealing with these morons. They make my blood boil!!! :angry:

Mrs B
                    BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Comment

Hi Sid

I too have been reduced to tears by my NFH, but this just goes to prove that I am better than they will ever be...and so too are you. It means that we are human beings with feelings, which by the sounds of things your NFH aren't :angry:

This forum has helped my children and me in many ways, and I know that you will get some really good advice and support

I have good days and bad days now, as opposed to feeling the way I did before

Keep your chin up, and as you have already been advised, log everything, this is the first step to getting justice for the way you have been treated :nfh1:

Tri

Comment

Hello Sid

I was saddened to read what this unpleasant piece of work had said.

All those ridiculous complaints, a tragic lack of compassion or humanity in those comments. I hope you are taking comfort from the fact that you are fortunate not to be like them.

Take care. I hope you will feel better about things soon. I appreciate it's a tall order, but try not to let them get you down.

H.

Comment

Hi Sid,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties and as you have read here its fairly typical NFH behaviour.

A couple of years agao our NFH was overheard talking to other neighbours so my wife could hear that "her problem is she can't have kids". Which wasn't true but things had been taking a bit longer than expected so it was particularly hurtful.

However when our bundle did finally arrive it just made the NFH look even more stupid(if that were possible).

Most people will recognise your NFHs comments for what they are. Just don't respond with anything and people will also eventually see your NFH for what they are.
                          Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

All I can say is ... they are behaving like idiots.

Sensible people try to understand something fully before making a judgement, rather than have their judgements made for them by rumours, gutter press and other ignoramus.

FF
                            Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Working...
                            X